PDA

View Full Version : SWPA-SDAC T-Shirt Run

DC Turismo
06-27-2007, 11:16 PM
The Steel City Chapter would like to do another t-shirt run VERY SOON. We are going to redesign our t-shirt for the second run since becoming established as a chapter, and basically these t-shirts would be white (very cool for shows in the summer) with black designs.

Our logo would be on the front left side where the the national logo is now like on the SDAC shirts.

We are looking for other suggestions for the backs of the shirts however.

One idea we have for the back is to find some of the sketches/drawings from the Shelby plant of a numbered car or two that were used for press releases and magazines.

Another idea that I like is to incorporate vehicles of our members and have someone photoshop them side by side and then change the appearance setting to that of a 'drawing'. I think that's possible but I don't know.

If you have any suggestions however, please feel free to throw one up here.

Nonetheless, this is being used as a fundraiser for our club as well as supplying those individuals who like our logo to acquire a t-shirt with it on it.

The price for the shirts will be as follows:
$20 for sizes S through XL.
$22 for XXL
$23 for XXL
$24 for XXXXL.

$5 of that price goes towards benefitting our club treasury. The rest of the cost is the actual cost in which the company we use charges (small local company who does a fantastic job but needs the business).

So, please post here if you are interested. I will be making up a quick order form that all interested members will need to print out and mail accompanied with their money orders/checks to my address:

SWPA-SDAC
c/o Billy Lofink
1157 Third Street
Fayette City, PA 15438

Any questions, please feel free to ask. T-shirts will not be ordered until I have orders for at least a dozen. The company makes them in dozens only to bring down costs a little bit.

Thanks for your potential support!

contraption22
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
After the fantastic job you guys did at SDAC, I'd be proud to purchase one of a shirt to benefit your club!

AMoparGirl
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Can I get an old one too?

85shelbycharger
06-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Can I get an old one too?

PM me and let me know a size and I'll see if I have one for ya :thumb:

85shelbycharger
06-28-2007, 05:17 PM
After the fantastic job you guys did at SDAC, I'd be proud to purchase one of a shirt to benefit your club!

Sweet! It sure was nice meeting you. Oh, and thanks again for the blow-up parrot :p

neonkitten63
06-29-2007, 07:48 AM
^^^ It was the least we could do Pat!!! It looked like you could use some company. :)

p.s. I will definately take a shirt when they are made!!!!

jaysshelby
06-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Billy, count me in for a x-large

WVRampage
06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
count me in for a large.

brummy
07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
chalk me up for a medium

DC Turismo
07-03-2007, 01:00 AM
So far we have 10 people including myself and Pat who are wanting to place an order for a redesigned Steel City T-shirt. Still taking orders though, for I will not be filing the order until the end of this month. Everyone who commits is essentially agreeing to send the money once the shirts are processed so we are not stuck with them. I have an ongoing tally Excel spreadsheet going right now to help me keep track.

Thank you for the support thus far! Suggestions for the backs of the shirts?

DC Turismo
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
:bump:

I hope to place this order sometime during the last week of July, so please post your size if you desire one of these! The design is still being contemplated but I will post a img of it prior to palcing the order.

denviola
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
:bump:

I hope to place this order sometime during the last week of July, so please post your size if you desire one of these! The design is still being contemplated but I will post a img of it prior to palcing the order.

I don't recall a shirt size on the membership app, Bill.
Put me down for XL, and thanks.
denny

contraption22
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll take a 2XL

DC Turismo
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't recall a shirt size on the membership app, Bill.
Put me down for XL, and thanks.
denny

:o I realized that after Greg and Bruce filled their's out this weekend. I could've sworn I had that on there. Oh well. Thanks for updating your size with me!

Got you down too Mike1

lordzedd
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
medium

briceturbosports
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
i buy 2 xxxl of the new ones :thumb: and no it was not on there :)

Gearhead24-7
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
How about a 3xl for one of the new guys....

DC Turismo
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Sounds good everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Welcome aboard once again Chris... be sure to check out our B.S. thread in the Lounge.

neonkitten63
07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
XL for me Billy!!! :)

Dodgeman921
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll take two of the XL's

DC Turismo
07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
At this point, I have enough orders for 2 dozen shirts. I am still awaiting possible images for a design, but in the meantime, would like to encourage anyone else wanting a shirt to let me know. This time around, we will be ordering at most a dozen extras to have on hand for new members to aquire as well as to buy extras. It'd be best though to do so now, however!

Once the shirts are produced, you will receive it as soon as the money is received for it. :)

Thanks!

Aries_Turbo
07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
count me in for a XXL. :)

Brian

DC Turismo
07-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Sounds good Bucar! You da man! hahaha

BTW, we're working on organizing factory sketches of all the numbered Shelby cars into an assortment for what will serve as the back of the shirt design. I will post an image up of it once we have that completed to give everyone a sample of what they should look like. They're gonna look great!

AMoparGirl
07-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Forgot to let you guys know I got my "old" shirt the other day...thanx again! Sent the check the next day, so look for it if you didn't get it yet.

85shelbycharger
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Forgot to let you guys know I got my "old" shirt the other day...thanx again! Sent the check the next day, so look for it if you didn't get it yet.

Got the check today :thumb:

DC Turismo
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Just an update to let everyone know I'm picking up the images that we'll be using for the back of the shirt on Sunday and will hopefully have something drawn up for Monday!

sdac guy
07-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Put me down for 2 of the 3XL shirts Bill. :D

Barry

DC Turismo
07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Already have you covered Barry :thumb:

slasky
07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I'll take a large.

86Shelby
07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Count me in for one. I could use another T-shirt. Where would one send the funds?

DC Turismo
07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks Scott!

Ray, first of all I need your size, and then once the order is placed and completed, I will PM everyone my address to send a money order, check, cash to. Once the money is received and your return address is noted (can send that via PM or just write it legibly on the envelope in which you send the money), your shirt will be sent out. There will be an estimated $3.85 S&H charge to send the shirt out to you.

Thanks everyone!

Aries_Turbo
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
you got paypal billy?

DC Turismo
07-30-2007, 04:01 PM
The T-shirt order has been placed as of this afternoon!

We are using the same brand of t-shirts that the National SDAC uses compared to our 'heavyweight' style used in the first run a couple of years ago.

I now ask that anyone owing money for theirs to turn in their money by no later than AUGUST 13, 2007. The t-shirts will be done by then and the money collected will be used to pay for them upfront.

Again, here are the prices for each size shirt:

Small, Medium, Large, XL : $20
2XL : $22
3XL : $23
4XL : $24

**** ADD $3.85 per shirt for S&H !!!! (Priority mailing and delivery confirmation)

If you are receiving one as a membership incentive, I will be in contact with you to get your address.

Here is the address to send money order or checks to: (we are NOT accepting Paypal)

Make payable to SWPA-SDAC

SWPA-SDAC
c/o Billy Lofink
1157 Third Street
Fayette City, PA 15438

Thank you in advance! I will be posting an image of what the backs of the t-shirts will look like shortly! :D :D

DC Turismo
07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Here we go folks, drumroll please! The unveiling preview of the back of the upcoming t-shirts! :thumb:

The CS logo will be in the center of all the cars, unless it appears to cluttered in the artist's opinion, in which case he will move it above the Shelby slogan. To give you an idea of where everything will be, the Shelby slogan ideally will be right between the shoulder blades I expect.

Of course, the offwhite background will be fixed, and the CS logos will actually be black.

The Steel City logo will be located on the front, upper left portion of the chest area.

sdac guy
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Looks great!

Barry

86Shelby
07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
never mind my pm, I'm blind.

Aries_Turbo
07-30-2007, 10:21 PM
^^^^^ me too lol.

Brian

Captain Chaos
07-30-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll send in a M.O. TD T-shirts are hard to find. I have 2 SDAC ones. Need a few more.

DC Turismo
08-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Again, money due no later than August 13. Thanks!!!

AMoparGirl
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey, where's the Daytona!?! J/K! ;)
The check's in the mail!

DC Turismo
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Many of us wanted a Daytona on there as well, but we did not have a sketched image of a Daytona, only the numbered cars. So, to keep it uniform we just went with those! :)

DC Turismo
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I have received payment from the following individuals:

Jay Jordan (jaysshelby)
Jon Kasing (dodgeman921)
Luke Crimm (WVRampage)

Still awaiting other payments to come in. Again, they are due ONE WEEK FROM TODAY - Monday, August 13. Thank you!

Again, here are the prices for each size shirt:

Small, Medium, Large, XL : $20
2XL : $22
3XL : $23
4XL : $24

**** ADD $3.85 per shirt for S&H !!!! (Priority mailing and delivery confirmation)

Make check or money order payable to SWPA-SDAC

Send payments to:
SWPA-SDAC
c/o Billy Lofink
1157 Third Street
Fayette City, PA 15438

The t-shirt artist tried calling me this morning while I was at work and said he needed to speak with me. I'll give everyone an update on the progress he is making this evening.

sdac guy
08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll have the money for you at the Nats this weekend.

Barry

DC Turismo
08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks Barry! Looking forward to seeing you and the gang there!

Captain Chaos
08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I'll have the money for you at the Nats this weekend.

Barry

You going to be there Friday?

DC Turismo
08-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Update from the t-shirt guys tonight:

They could not use a floppy disk, so I had to take them a CD late last week. Work began on the files today, sorting them into position and what not, but they are getting held up a little bit by the background on those images (you know how you scan an item and it looks offwhite in the background), well they are meticulously going through each of the four sketches chosen for the shirt design and converting them to be transparent.

The owners of the place that are making these shirts are going on vacation next week though. They typically have a 2 week turnaround once the design is touched up and printed for screening. So, we should expect these to be done around the end of the month. I would still like to have everyone pay by the initial date given, August 13, so we can be sure to have all needed funds to cover the charges. :)

sdac guy
08-06-2007, 08:18 PM
You going to be there Friday? Yes sir!!

I'll be there for setup on Thursday afternoon, and will be open for business Fri-Sun. Stop by the tent on the manufacturer's midway and say Hi! Our space is D-12.

Barry

Captain Chaos
08-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes sir!!

I'll be there for setup on Thursday afternoon, and will be open for business Fri-Sun. Stop by the tent on the manufacturer's midway and say Hi! Our space is D-12.

Barry

:thumb: Looking forward to meeting a couple people from here.

DC Turismo
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Received Norm and Holly's payment yesterday!

Just to update everyone, here is the image they've come up with. Disregard the 'X', as it will be the checkered flag. What do you think? :thumb: I'm going to have them remove the period from the top phrase, but other than that I think it came out nice!

http://www.swpa-sdac.com/layout.pdf

AMoparGirl
08-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Looks great....cept there's a big gray block above the CS on it?

slasky
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
The check is in the mail. You should have it Saturday or Monday.

DC Turismo
08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I did not notice the gray block on neither my nor Pat's screens, but I assure you it will be a perfectly done up image. Above the CS is the picture of the GLHS Charger, and above that is the phrase 'Power by Dodge"

Thanks Scott!

DC Turismo
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Well I gave them the word today that the image looks good. Two changes though. One, the period will be deleted from the top phrase. And secondly, the 'X' as you see is what they thought was supposed to be there. They could not generate the checkered flag from the image I gave them (.jpg file wasn't the clearest) so they are simply going to eliminate the 'X' and extend the upper line of the C over to align it with the right-most side of the 'S'.

Production should begin next week once the shirts arrive for them to screen them onto! So, the deadline for this coming Monday is firm and must be met by all involved! Thanks!

Aries_Turbo
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
check is in the mail today.

Brian

DC Turismo
08-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Tomorrow's the due date. I'm willing to move the deadline back to Wednesday seeing that we are still waiting on a couple to come in!

jaysshelby
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the work Billy. I am waiting patiently :D

DC Turismo
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks Jay!
Just letting everyone know that the plain white t-shirts have come in and I assume they will begin screen printing them tomorrow sometime. I really appreciate everyone meeting the deadline, as I was able to drop off the required down payment to them today! :)