PDA

View Full Version : Porting two-piece

John B
06-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm studying the lower half of the two-piece intake where it joins to the head. The floor of the port is straight making a "D" shaped port, but all of the top head porters make a rounded floor on the port. It seems to me that the intake runner should be rounded out to match a ported head (mine is a Steve Menegon head-thanks again Steve!). But, how to approach this? Just round it back a 1/2" or so into the runner to match the port or round it evenly all the way back to the "wall" at the beginning of the injector cavity? I've removed the bolt "lumps" from the runners and that part is looking fine. Any tips appreciated!:)

turbovanmanČ
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
John, search this section, its been covered a few times, in fact, use Steves name, Directconnection, he just did a huge thread on it, :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Flow tests...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15477&highlight=intake+flow+test

johnl
06-29-2007, 01:44 AM
I still wonder, and no one has ever replied on this point - what about the fact that there is an INCREASE in port volume exactly at the point of the injectors and the "removed" bolt bumps?

Seems to me that if you remove the bolt bumps, then you better fill in the dead area around the injectors. My point is the volume of the bolt bumps more or less offsets the dead air volume around the injectors.