PDA

View Full Version : Team FWD Performance UPDATE

JamesL
06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I wanted to take a few moments and provide an update with regard to where Team FWD Performance is coming out of SDAC-17. While Team FWD Performance supports many racers including:
• Rob Pachner (2.4 Shelby Charger competes in Ohio Valley area)
• Warren Streamer (Dodge Daytona competes in the Midwest and Canada events)
• Mike Stimac (Dodge Daytona One Lap of America)
• Kurt Check (Dodge Omni Autocross)
• Wallace White (Omni, Sport Compact in Midwest)
• and most recently James Reeves (Dodge Omni Ohio Valley)
Our primary focus was the NHRA entry built and driven by Stephane Beauregard. Unfortunately, things have not worked out well for the NHRA effort due to the many complications that we and Stephane have encountered related to immigration. It has been a disheartening experience, so much so that Stephane has decided or has been told that he may not return to the USA. Honestly it’s been difficult to get a straight answer from him. It appears as though he had some issues coming into this that were much more problematic then he cared to share. It’s been a tough and expensive lesson to learn and it troubles me greatly to have to cover it yet again. However, I think it’s only fair that I do since going public to invite so many generous fans and supporters. Stephane’s car, the worlds quickest Shelby Dodge, remains here at FWD Performance, but that is only until he can make arrangements to get right with us and pick it up. At this point he is no longer affiliated with FWD Performance or Team FWD Performance.
As for the team member’s, prior to SDAC-17 we offered an opportunity to refund their money. As I mentioned, Team FWD Performance supports several racers but the invitation was primarily based on the NHRA entry. While I have put the decals on the hauler, the hauler hasn’t moved to any events this year. Several members have already earned their money back, wisely taking advantage of the 5% Team Member discount. None-the-less, the offer was made to all team members and all at this point have decided to continue their support for all the racers we support. Any money not refunded will continue to go towards the support we offer to other members of Team FWD Performance who need and appreciate your support as much as anyone.
Finally, I want to apologize for having created so much drama in all of this. It was never our intention to mislead or over hype this to garner your support. We acted in good faith with a genuine investment in making all this work on the belief that Stephane would live up to his side of the deal. He is sincerely apologetic and as we have all come to learn in our lives, circumstances often dictate the outcomes and they are not all to our liking.

BIG PSI
06-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the update. As for me you can keep my $50.00 donation. I like to think that my money went to some good cause. If I may make a suggestion find someone who has a Mini Van and sponsor them as well. Try NOT concentrating on the smaller turbo vehicles as the Minis garner allot of attention.

Regards
Chuck Green

JamesL
06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the update. As for me you can keep my $50.00 donation. I like to think that my money went to some good cause. If I may make a suggestion find someone who has a Mini Van and sponsor them as well. Try NOT concentrating on the smaller turbo vehicles as the Minis garner allot of attention.

Regards
Chuck Green

That's and excellent suggestion. Maybe we should look at having a variety of platforms.

Ubmbass
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
you guys should sell me the header off stephane's car hahahaha.

turbovanman²
06-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow, really sorry to hear that, thats really shitty. Thanks for the update and,

Pick me, :lol: :thumb:

ShelGame
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I'd be happy to put a couple of FWD stickers on my car for a little help getting it to the track a couple times a month. As you can see, there's plenty of room on either the front or rear fenders :)

overlordsshadow
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Should be breaking the under 13.5 once I get it to the track next month, too bad its only my credit cards and dads garage that sponsor.

John B
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Get Gus's "Mean Mini" and let the legend live again.

sdac guy
06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances. I am sure both you and Stephane were looking forward to a good working relationship. Thanks so much for the update and your candor.

Barry

Rattlesnake
06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Wow, really sorry to hear that, thats really shitty. Thanks for the update and,

Pick me, :lol: :thumb:

I'll vote for you Simon:thumb:

overlordsshadow
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
If Simon gets sponsored he needs to do a cross Canada tour;)

Whorse
06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Simon has trouble getting his car past Mission, nevermind out of BC! I'd still vote for you though.

D1A8J
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
i think it would be cool to have a few different types of td's on the team..

i.e. turbo mini, turbo omni, turbo spirit, turbo daytona. ect ...

almost like the iron chef of cars ! ;)

turbovanman²
06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Simon has trouble getting his car past Mission, nevermind out of BC! I'd still vote for you though.

Pot calling the kettle black eh? :eyebrows:

Thanks Reinaldo and guys, hehehehee.

Now back to the topic at hand, :D

dodgeshadowchik
06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
haha ...what about a 3.0L turbo shadow? ;)

and also sorry to hear about the problems. i truly admired that car! i loved telling people that an old turbo dodge was able to get such fast times!

BadAssPerformance
06-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Bummer about the deal falling thru with Stephane... :(

cordes
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the update. I know that you guys put a lot into that relationship only to have it disintegrate before it even materialized. That is unfortunate indeed.

GLHS592
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
You ever thought about putting somebody else in the car?

Aries_Turbo
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
thats what I was thinking^^^^^ unless you worked out some deal with stephane, didnt FWD own the car at this point? just curious. :)

Brian

BadAssPerformance
06-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I offered to drive it in the sponsorship thread ;)

James basically said that it was Stephane's car so only he would drive it.

slasky
06-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I offered to drive it in the sponsorship thread ;)

James basically said that it was Stephane's car so only he would drive it.

Well now that he can't get into America what can he do about it if someone else drives the car? :)

It just sucks that the car is just sitting there instead of beating up on some hondas.

GLHSKEN
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
K... let's stay with the present.

devlish
06-28-2007, 10:23 AM
sorry to hear about the arrangement taking a dive for the worse. that's very unfortunate. good luck to all the rest of the racers out there though that FWD sponsors!

TurboNeon568
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I am sorry to hear about that. Maybe you guys could send me some stickers and stuff. Me and abuddy of mine are really into the TD cars. He's got a spirit ES that he's toying with. I been trying to buy an omni that he's selling but he's a little hard to get ahold of. I got a slow --- neon (but it's consistent, running between 17.39 and 17.35 all night) but I could hand out stickers to some of these SRT-4 guys out here. There's a group of like 10 of em all in the same place.