PDA

View Full Version : vac lines

D1A8J
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
so im almost done with redoing my vac line, but i want to know if this setup sounds right ...

vac block (4 ports)

port 1 = FPR
port 2 = BOV
port 3 = Boost Gauge
port 4 = (not sure)

Map sensor is still coming off of the stock intake spot.
Triangle is deleted.
Throttle body is capped.
Boost controller is hooked up to the wastegate & front turbine housing barb. (What do i do with the wastegate solenoid)
The sencond turbine barb is capped.
Vapor canister is capped.
Purge solenoid is capped.

also where do i want to put my catch can ???

D1A8J
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
*** another question ***

when you delete the purge solenoid and wastegate solenoid (if you do), what do you do with the little filters that are still on them (pull em and cap the line) ???

Tony Hanna
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
If you've unhooked the solenoids and done away with the lines, there's really no need to cap the solenoids. I also wouldn't cap the charcoal canister as the gas tank uses it for a vent.

D1A8J
06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
u meant cap the vac lines, or the main fuel line ???

Tony Hanna
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
There's a vent line going from the fuel tank to the canister. If that's still hooked up, then it might be a good idea to leave the barb on the canister that went to the solenoid open. Alternatively you could put a filter on the vent line from the tank and remove the cannister alltogether.

D1A8J
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
awesome thanks !!!

do u know what i need to do with the boost controller ??? right know i have it hooked up between the wastegate line and on the front turbine housing barb. the second barb on the turbine housing is capped ... is it good like that ???

also do i need to use that last port on my vac block for anything ???

Tony Hanna
06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Some people like running their boost controller from a manifold source instead of the compressor, but personally I haven't had any problems either way. I'm running mine the way you describe right now.
It sounds like you've got everything pretty well taken care of, so I'd cap the last port on the vacuum block.
Something else worth mention: If your cruise control is still hooked up, you'll want to plug the line that went from it to the triangle or you'll end up with a leak there. The cruise will still work without it, but you may have to help it a little going up hills.

D1A8J
06-27-2007, 08:07 AM
is the cruise line the one coming off of the drivers side in the back of the engine ???

D1A8J
06-28-2007, 06:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D1A5J/CustomT3VacLines2-1.jpg

well theres my setup for now

Tony Hanna
06-28-2007, 03:36 PM
is the cruise line the one coming off of the drivers side in the back of the engine ???

The cruise line I was talking about is the one coming off of the "F" connector at the cruise solenoid (drivers side near the brake booster). Originally, one line coming from the "F" should have gone to the brake booster, and the other should have gone to the triangle (vacuum ejector). You can either plug the side of the "F" that went to the triangle, or take the "F" out completely and run a single line with a checkvalve from the cruise to the brake booster. Your cruise will work this way on flat ground or slight hills, but will drop speed on long or steep hills.

The whole point of the triangle is to use the venturi effect across the "T's" from a boost leak back to the airbox to generate vacuum for the cruise while in boost.

HTH,
Tony

D1A8J
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
so if i dont care about cruise, then its fine to just cap em off ???

Tony Hanna
06-28-2007, 04:31 PM
so if i dont care about cruise, then its fine to just cap em off ???

Yep.:thumb:

D1A8J
06-28-2007, 10:28 PM
sounds good !!!

thanks for all of your help

Tony Hanna
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

D1A8J
06-29-2007, 05:17 PM
took it for a ride and im only makin 5 (will boost up to 7) ...
idles fine still ...

seems like something burning in the back of the engine bay ??? cant tell what kind of smell it is though..

seems like a valve cover gasket is leaky and mayb burning oil ???

D1A8J
06-29-2007, 07:03 PM
well problem fixed !!!

i guess the stock bov's dont liked to be vented lol ... i put the bov back to the stock set up and the car pulls like an animal at 14psi (looks like it will hold a solid 14 psi all dayyy !!!)

Tony Hanna
06-30-2007, 01:41 PM
That's strange. I'm running my BOV open to atmosphere now, and it doesn't seem to be leaking.
As for the burning smell, check to make sure your O2 sensor wiring isn't laying on the turbo. That's a pretty common problem with these cars and can cause some headaches if the wiring shorts out from the insulation burning off. Other than that, my guess would be a VC gasket or possibly a leaky oil feed line.
Good Luck,
Tony

D1A8J
06-30-2007, 07:00 PM
well i know my 02 sensor was kindof melted (just the plastic sleeve) ...
mayb the plastic melted onto something and is still burning off ????

i hope its not something to do with my turbo, but if it is it gives me a reason to go with a hybrid 50 trim ;)

Tony Hanna
06-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Good possibility it's just some of the plastic still burning off. It might be worthwhile to check your oil feed line for leaks just to be safe.

D1A8J
06-30-2007, 10:28 PM
how would one fix the line if it leaked ??? replace the line or is there something more to it ??

Tony Hanna
06-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, it would depend on where it's leaking and why. If it's a hole in the rubber part, or the metal part is rusted through, then it would be best to replace the line with a new one. Though you can just replace the hose (I use high pressure EFI fuel line) it's definately not the best way to go.

On the other hand, a leak could be caused by something as simple as a loose fitting.

D1A8J
07-01-2007, 10:26 AM
ill try to look further into it !!!

thanks again