PDA

View Full Version : WTB fixer-uper Daytona in Chicagoland

IwantOne
06-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey fellows,

I have been real interested in a good project car. I have done a lot of work to a turbo minivan in the past and really like these old turbo dodges. Thought it would be fun to get my hands on something a little sportier.

Would like a Daytona turbo(TI or TII), with a 5-speed and t-tops. I am willing to settle based on availability. I dont have much money to spend, so let me know if anything comes to mind, or if anybody just wants to make space in their yard.

Thanks
Andy

Skibbe
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Sent you a PM about an '86 with t-tops and 5spd in Des Plaines.

BadAssPerformance
06-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Welcome!

Always nice to meet more Chicagoland enthusisats :thumb:

Aron
06-25-2007, 04:53 PM
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I do have one for sale:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15179

WickedShelby88
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I've got an 88 Daytona Shelby Z t-top car. It will be a shell but I will give it to you if you are willing to come get it. I can provide wheels for a little more money. Comes with clean indiana title. Most of the weatherstip is in good condition.

Thanks, Joseph

IwantOne
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the posts. I still need to keep my eyes open... My main problem is that I cant spend much ($600) and it cant need too much $$ in parts to go into it.

Aron, sorry to be picky, it is a fine car at a great price, just not at all what I wanted to get out of one of these.

TurboRon25
06-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I have an 87 ShelbyZ TI auto, t-top, white/tan, pretty much rust free. It was a corporate lease car. I also have an 89 Daytona Shelby (rusty) with the parts to fix everything that is wrong with it (ps, a/c, etc). Runs and drives fine. I don't really want to sell it, but I'm not really doing anything with it either. The 89 was a 5 spd, so if you wanted to convert the 87, it would be cake. I would want more than the $600 you want to spend, but it would still be a killer deal for both cars together.
I was in a pretty bad car wreck 2 months ago, so that is why I'm considering selling. Lost some motivation and (temporarily) some ability.

Ron