PDA

View Full Version : Sdac 16

vxvxAndrewxvxv
12-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey, Andrew here.
Do we have any kind of clue how many people will be at the SRT events? I know you probably don't know a number, but it'de kinda be a deciding factor on drag racing and what not for me.

sdac guy
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
The SRT folks are hoping/planning on a few hundred. I personally think that is a little optimistic. But DC has promised to put notice of the event in their publications and to promote it to all the SRT owners (4's, 8's, & 10's). Further there are a few other general interest Mopar clubs that are promoting it to their members (HPAC is in that area and they have a few hundred members).

At our previous conventions our attendance has been roughly 130-170. We normally get 50-60 drag racers. I expect our attendance to be down by maybe 15-20%, but it is impossible to predict what will happen until the day we get there. SDAC-15 pre-registrations were a little below average up till the day I left for Cinci, but the onsite regs were overwhelming. We had no idea 15 was going to be as big as it was.

So the SRT folks are facing the same situation, they are hoping for a number, but till they get there, they really won't know (and neither will we). The only tip-off may be come late spring if they have a couple hundred registered, then we will know it is going to be big (at least for them).

Barry

CSX321
12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Here is the latest from Dale, posted yesterday on srtforums...

How many people are signed up for the road course and what is the maximum number of spaces?
I believe the max number of registrants is 60, if my records are accurate (I check in weekly with the registrar), 18 slots are full right now. I expect that portion of the event to be full by the end of February after the first SRT Newsletters are delivered.

The quality of the instructors who are planning to attend are beyond even my expectations. This is another benefit of running an event through committees. At last count, four Pro Dodge roadracing teams are sending cars and instructors, a couple current and former Michelin test drivers, and a handful of the the top One Lap drivers (don't worry, not me), and rumor has it that some of the Dodge Motorsports Engineers will be there as well. All I know is that I'm rethinking my role as host on Thursday and I am trying to figure out how to be a participant in the roadcourse event.

More good news, the event has grown enough, and developed enough relationships with major players in this type of event, to be able to get an account that accepts major credit cards as payment. I know this may not seem like a big accomplishment, but it's been a four month process. Getting a mortgage without money for downpayment, or a current job, at the best interest rate available is probably easier than getting the ability to accept major credit cards.

Our server, and registration page provider, ELMM.com, is working to get the terminal up and running, and then tested, on the website. Once we are sure that it works correctly, we'll make that option available to new registrants.

See all y'all in Topeka,
Dale

crazy1eye
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
If it was closer, I'd go for sure, but Topeka is a 22h drive for me:(
This will be the first time I miss 2 SDAC national conventions consecutively, d'oh!

sdac guy
12-21-2005, 01:49 PM
David - Thanks for posting the info, good stuff!:)

Pat - When we went there for SDAC-6, many of us stopped for overnight in St. Louis which is about 10 hours from Detroit, IIRC. Going out, we met up with folks from the east coast at the motel, and had nearly as much fun bs'ing each other that night as we did at the convention. Coming back we did the same and stopped near Indy for overnight. We watched vids taken and relived what had happened only a few days earlier.

We had a lot of fun on that road trip. I realize it is not for everyone, and some can't afford the extra time off for travel either. But it is something to consider. If there were enough folks wanting to hook up along the route, I am sure something could be set up in some of the 'caravanning' threads that will pop up here later on.

Barry