PDA

View Full Version : r/t dies

forcedfedmopar
06-22-2007, 10:04 PM
car: 91 spirit r/t
spec; fresh rebuild, +.030, stage 1 fwd cams, T3/T4 hybryd, stage 1 FWD cal, stock injectors(stock fuel system to my knowledge), FMIC, and some other stuff im forgetting.

PROBLEM;
Well i recently rebuilt my engine/trans w/ a new turbo ect, ect, ect.... well i got it all back in and everything is great. starts up, runs, drives everything is peachy. UNTIL i go to stop. the car dies when coming to a stop. but it wont die when i pull it out of gear during a roll. doesnt matter what speed/gear. but when coming to a stop it dies. last time it did this was coming into my driveway and it wouldnt start back up. i had to hold the accel. pedal about half way and it started ran very rough until i reved it up, (i didnt notice any smoke but theres a cat, resinator, and a muffler, along with a few leaks.). once it starts up it seems like it runs fine.

What ive done;
replaced speed sensor (w/new) due to old one wacking out.
swapped iac and tps with good ones
checked codes- no codes.

What i think;
I think its loading up but not sure why. injector stuck open? fwd cal messed up? i dont have a fuel psi kit at home so im stuck with this until mon at the earliest.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
i know you guys know these things in and out. please help me!?!

thank you in advance

-jeff

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/100_1834.jpg

shelby zed
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM
sounds like what my car did when the fpr was bad, had to hold the pedal to the floor for a few minutes to clear everything out. an easy way to check is to pull off the vaccum line to the fuel pressure regulator and see if it has gas in it.

D1A8J
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
dont you need +20's on the stage 1 cal ???

forcedfedmopar
06-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I pulled the line to the regulator and it was clean with no gas smell.
+20s are rec but not nes. was running too rich with the +20's anyway.

keep the ideas coming

thanks

-jeff

mark
06-23-2007, 11:28 AM
check your ais. if bad it wont throw codes.
when my ais was bad, i had start up issues, and until the car was warm it would stall at a stop... i never suspected the ais cause i never saw codes for it... so i got one off ebay for 9 bucks shipped, and said why not try it, i put it in, and i dont have to feather the gas to keep it running, and even cold it runs better cause it stays running.

mark
06-23-2007, 11:30 AM
also, do you have wideband? if you have a stuck injector. it will peg pig rich and the car will feel and sound like its running on on3 cyl and run like poop.

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2007, 02:48 PM
map sensor maybe too. check the voltages when idling, engine off and when in boost to see if it makes sense.

Brian

D1A8J
06-23-2007, 03:15 PM
map sensor maybe too. check the voltages when idling, engine off and when in boost to see if it makes sense.

Brian

hahah i remember when i first got my r/t some how the map sensor line came off and my car was running like crap for awhile and i was completely clueless, then i finally figured out what it was !!! :amen:

forcedfedmopar
06-23-2007, 07:59 PM
good call on the map sensor, ill check that tomorrow when i get up. i know i ran a smaller diamerter tube to it than stock. maybe that is throwing it off.

-jeff

D1A8J
06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
where did yah get or ic pipes ???

forcedfedmopar
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Well it was the map sensor. there was a vac leak right before the baro sensor.

I got the piping from racing solutions and went from there.