PDA

View Full Version : Socketed SMEC for SDAC

jonnyb
06-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Anyone going to SDAC have a socketed smec that they want to sell? I just cooked mine last night and I don't have another spare one to do a last minute socket job on.

I really need this so if someone even has one that they could loan or rent to me, that would work too!

Thanks,

Jon

mcsvt
06-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Jon I have a spare SMEC, but it's not socketed... I'll bring it just incase somebody wants to socket it... :)

jonnyb
06-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, I pretty much stink at soldering, so I don't know if I'll kill yours as well :D

Seriously though, if you want to bring it and as a last resort I can try to socket it in my hotel room, I'd appreciate it. If I kill it I'll buy it off of you. If it works and you want it back with the socket after sdac (I can even burn you a custom cal if you want that), that would work for me too :thumb:

mw6886
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I could bring my stuff to socket it in the hotel if you want.

jonnyb
06-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow - you're all over my stuff today Mike :D

I'd really appreciate that. I may have a line on a local unsocketed smec, so if I can get that, I can use it to start the car and get it on the trailer and I'll definitely take you up on your socketing offer....thanks :thumb:

Jon

mw6886
06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Yes, I will bring my stuff. No problem. Maybe I could make some extra cash while I am there? :eyebrows:

I will be with the OVC guys for the most part. Look for Ken, Reeves, and Fleck, etc. and you will find me. Can't miss me, I have red hair, like my avatar. :)

BTW, it's Matt. (I hang out with a guy named Mike, everyone gets us confuesed too.. )

jonnyb
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes, I will bring my stuff. No problem. Maybe I could make some extra cash while I am there? :eyebrows:

I will be with the OVC guys for the most part. Look for Ken, Reeves, and Fleck, etc. and you will find me. Can't miss me, I have red hair, like my avatar. :)

BTW, it's Matt. (I hang out with a guy named Mike, everyone gets us confuesed too.. )

Ya know - after I typed Mike, I was thinking, I think that might not be his name...LOL...sorry about that.

Well, on a good note, I have located a local guy with a stock smec that I can use to get the car on the trailer and Bill Baker is hopefully going to bring a socketed smec to SDAC for me.

I could always use a spare socketed smec, and since I stink at soldering (kill one out of 4 boards I try to socket), if you bring your stuff and are willing to do a socket job for me, I be more than happy to compensate you for socketing the stock one I'm about to put in the car right now.

Thanks!

Jon