PDA

View Full Version : 2 gauges on 1 sending unit for coolant temp

AllYourBase2101
06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Okay well I have a an Autometer sending unit that goes where the factory sending unit for the factory gauge was. It works just fine for the Autometer gauge and for the factory gauge. I want to run both gauges at once because it's nice having the factory gauge work because its right in front of your face but I also like the Autometer gauge because it actually shows the real temp and not just an C or H, plus its a little more acurate and reliable. I have no good mounting for the Autometer gauge right now to it kinda sits off to the side and isn't really in my line of site. Anyway I would like to make both of them work at once but when I hook up both guage wires to the sending unit it goes down to like half of what it normally should be. I assume that the way the gauges work is off resistance and that when hooking both up it draws too much resistance and they can't both work togeather with that much wire. Anyway does anyone know of anything I could do to make both work togeather at once. Like if I run a short wire from one to another or would I have to actually T off and run 2 seperate sending units? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance guys.

shelby zed
06-22-2007, 01:33 AM
well it measures resistance, im not sure if the resistance would go up and give you false readings from going through everything, but other than that i assume you probly could just t off of the stock line.

supercrackerbox
06-22-2007, 05:10 AM
I tapped a hole for an auxilary sending unit in the top of my thermostat box on the head.

shelby zed
06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
yea, id say for the most accurate reading grab another sensor and tap a hole for it