PDA

View Full Version : N/A to FI swap help needed

Dead Horse
06-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, I am wanting to put a new heart in my 89 sundance. Is there a write up I am missing somewhere on the do's and dont of a swap like this? I will be going from a 2.2 na to a 2.2 turbo. Is the wiring/ axle/ ecu/ etc etc fairly straightforward or is it weird. Any help would be appreciated?

overlordsshadow
06-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I've done it and its pretty easy except for splicing a harness together if need be. Same axles are fine, ecu swap, if its an auto trans it will probly bake quick unless only running about 7 psi. Let me know if u need more info.

shelby zed
06-22-2007, 01:31 AM
convert to manual and grab the harness from a donor car

turbovanmanČ
06-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Get an 89 engine wiring harness and computer, turbo fuel pump, turbo trans if auto and complete engine minus alt and power steering.

Dead Horse
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys, i am really looking forward to this swap. This car deserves some love as she has served me well the last few years. I cant think of a much better "sleeper" for the ricers than this.....unless its a badazz minivan!:)

Do i need to have a motor and ecu from an 89 or will other years work?
I found an 88 shelby z daytona in the local upullit that is complete and only showing 61k on the odometer. Not sure why it is there other than the faded paint and mismatched front fender. I put a wrench on the crank pulley and she would spin so i am not sure whats the story on the car. and no they wont sell the whole car, which is a crime.

overlordsshadow
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
It will work. I swapped an 88 T1 into my 92 shadow. Your swap may be easier. You need the computer for the wiring that the engine will use. So take the engine, trans, comp, and engine bay wiring from that car and put it in yours. I would be easier to find everything from a sundance RS or a Shadow though.