PDA

View Full Version : SDAC Pirate tips.

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Directions these will be included in your goody bag!!

Mileage to local areas of interest from SDAC

The following mileages are taken from I 70 East directly under the bridge.

.3 miles to PA turnpike

.9 miles to TOLL ROAD 66 Delmont – the toll road costs $1.00 and accepts Easy Pass. It is a quick route to route 30 (First exit after the BIG toll booths)
30 west at this intersection goes to Mercy Hospital
30 east goes to a large shopping center with Super Walmart, and several places to eat. Red Robin, Panera, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Texas Roadhouse, Friday’s

1.4 miles to The city of Youngwood

2.2 miles to Depot Street make left then next left to go to Hybrid dynamix (back the way you came). You will See TRENDZ salon and day spa on the right, Sib’s chocolate on the left, Hybrid Dynamix will be on the right

2.4 miles to Sheetz Gas, Schmuffins Schmagles and other schmit.

DANGER!! SPEED TRAP in 45 zone on the national speed trap registry!

3.8 miles midway self car wash okay, cheap.

4.0 miles Kings Restaurant

5.5 miles Deganerro’s car wash… automatic higher-end

This area also begins restaurant row with a Rax, Dunkin Donuts, Hoss’s (Steak and sea) Wendy’s, McDonalds, and Burger king.

5.8 miles Junction with US 30 East

Pitt Greensburg exit has a NAPA by Gander Mountain

US 30 east will take you to a mall- area Westmoreland mall is on the right. There are many various places to eat, shop, dine. There is a nice, new movie theater behind the mall.
Mall areas of interest (NO MILEAGE)

Pepperwood grill (Pricey, but nice sit down) in front of mall
Buffalo Wild Wings Wings, beer, food sports bar. Behind mall in shopping center
Dick’s Sporting Goods Large sporting goods store behind mall in center
Wine and Spirits Excellent selection of wine, hard alcohol. Behind mall.

Past the mall is a Pep Boys and NTB on the left.

If you pass US 30 East and go under the bridge, the next left will put you on US 30 West

30 WEST will bring you to another major shopping center with Super Walmart, and several places to eat. Red Robin, Panera, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Texas Roadhouse, Friday’s

Additionally, I just procured 200 cards for French Fries for FREE from Primanti Brothers in Greensburg. Ask the Pirate for directions, as it is BY the mall, but in a weird location.

Go cart racing go I70 East for about .8 miles and bear RIGHT onto US 119 South. A little over two exits after the Hunker/Mt.Pleasant 31 exit you will see batting cages on the left side, a YMCA and a Hot Shots building. The good go cart track is there. I'll see if I can get more info tomorrow.

Hot shots: http://www.hotshotsarena.com/content.htm
All American Paintball park:

Directions
to the Field: ALL AMERICAN PAINTBALL PARK
123 Paintball Park Lane
Greensburg, PA 15601
[724] 805-0188

FROM PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE
1. Take Exit 67 (Irwin Exit).
2. Bear Right on to Rt. 30 East by following the sign toward GREENSBURG.
3. Follow Rt. 30 East past Westmoreland Mall (on Right).
4. In 3.2 miles, turn Right onto Paintball Park Lane.
5. We are located behind the Country Peddler Furniture Store.
6. Follow the driveway to the bottom of the hill.

YYYAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
If ye need me personal Cell number, PM.

sdac guy
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Directions these will be included in your goody bag!! Yeppers!

Additionally, I just procured 200 cards for French Fries for FREE from Primanti Brothers in Greensburg. yummmm .... french fries Or should it be arrrgghh ... french fries?

Thanks Heath,

Barry

Turbodave
06-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Pretty fancy directions from a Pirate, I was expecting just a ripped up map with a bix X on it.

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Pretty fancy directions from a Pirate, I was expecting just a ripped up map with a bix X on it.

Aye, but that be where the treasure be!

If ye be looking for Booty.. I believe the Philly Corral may be open!! ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 02:22 PM
yummmm .... french fries Or should it be arrrgghh ... french fries?

AVAST! Those Be Freedom fries :) Or maybe potato PLANKS!!! ARGGGGGGGHH!!

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Car show directions.... maybe

Mammoth park is HUGE I really don't know where the show is going to be, but here's directions to the park from SDAC hotel.

Enter I 70 East and proceed
5.8 miles Junction with US 30 East Hoss's Steak and seafood will be on the right, then Wendy's then Mc Donalds, you want to be in the LEFT MOST lane to turn onto 30 east.
Exit Rt. 30 at the Greensburg/Mt. Pleasant exit and follow the sign toward Mt. Pleasant at the end of the exit ramp. Continue past the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg and the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. In the town of United, turn left. At the Mammoth Park sign travel approximately one mile to a stop sign and turn right onto 981 South. Make an immediate left at the Mammoth Park sign. Proceed 1.7 miles to another stop sign and turn left. Continue straight ahead to the park.

sdac guy
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Car show directions.... maybe

Mammoth park is HUGE I really don't know where the show is going to be, but here's directions to the park from SDAC hotel.

Enter I 70 East and proceed
5.8 miles Junction with US 30 East Hoss's Steak and seafood will be on the right, then Wendy's then Mc Donalds, you want to be in the LEFT MOST lane to turn onto 30 east.
Exit Rt. 30 at the Greensburg/Mt. Pleasant exit and follow the sign toward Mt. Pleasant at the end of the exit ramp. Continue past the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg and the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. In the town of United, turn left. At the Mammoth Park sign travel approximately one mile to a stop sign and turn right onto 981 South. Make an immediate left at the Mammoth Park sign. Proceed 1.7 miles to another stop sign and turn left. Continue straight ahead to the park. Besides being in the goody bags, I have directions to the host hotel, car show, and PRP on the SDAC website here: http://www.sdac.org/info/directions17.htm

The car show directions are slightly different than yours using 982N instead of 981S, but there is also a map of the park on the website showing the location of Pavilion #2 where we will be.

Barry

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Besides being in the goody bags, I have directions to the host hotel, car show, and PRP on the SDAC website here: http://www.sdac.org/info/directions17.htm

The car show directions are slightly different than yours using 982N instead of 981S, but there is also a map of the park on the website showing the location of Pavilion #2 where we will be.

Barry

Sweet.

Turbodave
06-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Well it looks like my IL I-Pass will also work with the PA EZ-Pass toll system, that's good news. The bad news is that the PA tolls are like many other and exponentially higher when your towing a trailer. I'm sure a few of us will be looking for a toll-free route from the hotel to HWY-30, any suggestions from the locals?

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Well it looks like my IL I-Pass will also work with the PA EZ-Pass toll system, that's good news. The bad news is that the PA tolls are like many other and exponentially higher when your towing a trailer. I'm sure a few of us will be looking for a toll-free route from the hotel to HWY-30, any suggestions from the locals?

Yes, follow my directions.

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Something for the wenches and whiskey hags in our life!

In Youngwood (5 min from host hotel), there is a place called Trendz Salon and Day spa 724 925 6772 I would call them and ask about packages, but call fast as they are extremely busy.

sdac guy
06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Just to note, the directions for the car show on the website are only for those that are coming just for the show/day. I think the only directions in the goody bags that use a toll road (PA-66) are to PRP. I didn't ask why 119 through Greensburg was not used as the toll road is clearly a longer route to get there (faster or less traffic perhaps?).

And just to let you know Heath, every thing you provided to Billy is in the printed directions in the goody bags (including the salon & spa). We have a page & a half of shopping, dining, and local attractions listed, including the post about Falling Water from the other thread.

BTW, I am not trying to stifle your input at all, just letting you and others know that if they are registered for the event, they will get printed references of all this.

Barry

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 09:06 PM
BTW, I am not trying to stifle your input at all, just letting you and others know that if they are registered for the event, they will get printed references of all this.

Barry

No problem Barry, an over abundance of directions and information is never a bad thing :)

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I think the only directions in the goody bags that use a toll road (PA-66) are to PRP. I didn't ask why 119 through Greensburg was not used as the toll road is clearly a longer route to get there (faster or less traffic perhaps?).

Yup, correctamundo. At $1.00 each way it is well worth it to avoid in-town traffic, and there are some weird turns to make. Toll road 66 takes us directly to 22 and that takes us directly to PRP. So longer, but much more clear.

Cheers!

slasky
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
And just to let you know Heath, every thing you provided to Billy is in the printed directions in the goody bags (including the salon & spa).

Do they give "Happy endings" there?:)

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Maybe it wont register the trailers like here? LOL..