PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

CDNTurboZ
02-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Can the 02 sensor affect idle? My car was using a lot of gas so I replaced the 02 sensor this past weekend, now all of a sudden the car's idle is much slower and rougher than before. could it be the timing??? The car almost idles like cammed (spelling?) V8. Also when coming to a stop when I clutch in the rpm's drop to about 400

also I have noticed when I start up the car in the garage, there is black soot all over the garage door and the floor, and appears to be comming from the tailpipe(i don't think it is moisture)

any ideas?
I am only getting codes 45, 55

this is on my 86 shelby charger (factory TI, with MP cam and computer)

Tony Hanna
02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
The first things I think I'd check would be the fuel pressure and the map sensor. You might clean the IAC and throttlebody too. Also, it'd be a good idea to make sure you don't have an injector hanging open. From past experience, a bad O2 sensor will hurt idle quality a bit, but not that bad.

CDNTurboZ
02-02-2006, 01:02 AM
The first things I think I'd check would be the fuel pressure and the map sensor. You might clean the IAC and throttlebody too. Also, it'd be a good idea to make sure you don't have an injector hanging open. From past experience, a bad O2 sensor will hurt idle quality a bit, but not that bad.

isn't my map sensor built into my computer though?

Tony Hanna
02-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Could be. I can't remember what year they were moved to the engine compartment. I don't think it's actually built-in, just mounted there.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here. Early TI stuff isn't my strong point.

turbovanmanČ
02-02-2006, 02:50 AM
The MAP sensor is mounted on the LM in the kick panel. Sounds to me like you have jumped a cam tooth or your fuel pressure is out to lunch. Check your cam timing and fuel pressure and report back, :nod: Fuel pressure should be 55, at idle with the vac hose off and plugged. The vac hose shouldn't have fuel in it either.