PDA

View Full Version : Big Brake Parts

show-off
02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
I am looking to put the 11" brakes on my CSXT. Anybody got all the necessary parts (minus the rotors and pads)? I think it is the knuckles, brackets and calipers, but I am not sure. Let me know.
Thanks,

Wayne
02-01-2006, 11:52 PM
I am looking to put the 11" brakes on my CSXT. Anybody got all the necessary parts (minus the rotors and pads)? I think it is the knuckles, brackets and calipers, but I am not sure. Let me know.
Thanks,

I have a 89 Daytona Shelby that I'm parting. It has the big disc brakes. Make me a offer with list of what you need. Shipping will be high that stuff weights a ton.

Wayne

jckrieger
02-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Flat Rate Boxes!!!!

show-off
02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I have a 89 Daytona Shelby that I'm parting. It has the big disc brakes. Make me a offer with list of what you need. Shipping will be high that stuff weights a ton.

Wayne

That CB in my sig is the one I bought off of you. I meet you one Sunday in my blue Mazda. How much you asking? I have no idea what they are worth, but I am asking around to see what is fair.
Mark

Clay
02-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Flat Rate Boxes!!!!

:amen: USPS flat rate boxes are the best!!!!!!!!!! Fill em with lead, just keep it in the box! ;)

Wayne
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
That CB in my sig is the one I bought off of you. I meet you one Sunday in my blue Mazda. How much you asking? I have no idea what they are worth, but I am asking around to see what is fair.
Mark

Oh yea, I remember. I also have another complete set off the car. It includes master cyl,brake booster,porp. valve,knuckles,calipers,rotors and the complete assembly in the rear including parting brake cable(just the ones that attach to the brake assemblies). I would guess it's worth somewhere between 200 to 250. Just a guess.

Wayne

Xtrempickup
02-03-2006, 07:34 AM
i have the master cylinder, prop valve, calipers, rotors and knuckles from a 92 Iroc R/T. i dont have the rear parts tho. all need to be cleaned, resurfaced etc. would take 130$ plus shipping

show-off
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
All I need is the knuckles, brackets, calipers. The rest is not important. I am getting them for $75 +shipping.
Thanks for all responses.

capev86
02-04-2006, 05:27 PM
89 daytona 11" front brakes require the corresponding knuckle, whereas the the 91+ big brakes use the standard 91+ family style knuckle w/ seperate caliper adapter bracket.

Richard Paul
02-05-2006, 12:37 PM
The 91 and newer stuff, you can just get the front knuckles from any car, and then use the calipers and brackets from a Gen 2 Grand Caravan with new rotors. Vans are easy to find (easier than Spirit RTs or Daytonas with big brakes) and the knuckles can come from any car. Saves a lot on shipping.