PDA

View Full Version : So.... would you do it?

ShadowFromHell
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I Currently have 2 TD's at my disposal to play with. One, is a best of the best 89 shelby daytona, complete with a T2 and 555. Its modified with a SRT cooler, S60, more fuel, and the boost was set around 18 psi. It also decided to break today, and I think its going to need a new intermedate shaft and oil pump.

The second, is a super mint, super stock 1986 Chrysler Newyorker. T1, auto and loaded. But, it runs. So here is what Im thinking. I work my --- off 5-6 days a week and I want to go racing this wed. There is a good chance that I wont be able to go again this season due to work. Here is what Im thinking, Install a MBC, set it to 10psi, and cut the muffler off and go racing. Might not go fast, but I would be RACING!!!

So, Would you do it? :eyebrows:

contraption22
06-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I'd fix the intermediate shaft and oil pump in the Daytona... and pull the rod and main caps to check the bearings while I was in there.

Orangetona
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I'd fix the intermediate shaft and oil pump in the Daytona... and pull the rod and main caps to check the bearings while I was in there.

You can get that done in 5-6 days. HURRY ;) THEN go racing.

ShadowFromHell
06-17-2007, 11:53 PM
I just flat dont have time to fix the daytona. Im also not shure if that is the problem. The track is having the test and tune on the 20th, so I only have 2 days to work. I can do the MBC and sawzall work in a hour or 2...

overlordsshadow
06-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Hell just disconnect the exhaust all together. Or figure out some other quick tricks for it.

Turbodave
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Remove the entire interior from the New Yorker and it will get a lot faster. We took a free one and ran 15.44 on the stock boost with the interior gutted and exhaust cut off.

I would run the tank low and then put in a few gallons of unleaded race gas for safety (100 octane or more), then turn the boost up to 12 or so and run it. If you have to drive it daily you may want to leave the muffler on it, but I'm sure it would gain a little with the muffler cut off aslo. No big deal on how fast or slow it is, just go out there and have fun.

ShadowFromHell
06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Unless I manage to get off work on time tomaro for once its not going to happen :(. I had to work late and have a sick 3 year old at home. No time. But if I come up with some tomaro, would it be safe to tap into the vac line that runs to the map sensor inside the car for a boost gauge?

Turbodave
06-19-2007, 02:14 PM
The Vacuum line going to the map will work, but I prefer to run the gauge all the way to a source off the intake and leave the MAP sensor with a clean, dedicated source. The factory vacuum harness has one line that is capped and you can tap right into that, it was meant for cars that had a boost gauge and is the perfect source for one.