PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 t0 2.2 t2 swap ??has anyone done this

spaceman
06-16-2007, 08:59 PM
well i got a 93 dodge shadow es with the 3.0 in it .my ? is has any one done this before ?i have all the wireing and electronics form an 89 t2 sundance/shadow .think i should go looking for the interior and dash harness from a turbo sundance/shadow to make it easier.i dont want to get another car and start from square one agian.i figure i would drop a post here to get an idea . any help and suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

thanks scott

Aries_Turbo
06-16-2007, 10:34 PM
youll have to use 90+ motor mounts and youll prolly want to get either a 89 dash so the gauges work (the 93 should have an electronic dash controlled by the ecm iirc) or use a different wiring harness.... does a 90/91 have the electronic controlled dash? I know franks 92 shadow had a electronic dash... there was no speedo cable.

Brian

Aries_Turbo
06-19-2007, 11:03 AM
you wont want to try to swap the body harness out to match the 89 computer. it is large and connects all points of the car to the firewall connector. id try to trade your 89 harness for a 91 harness.

Brian

Radiant_Red
06-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Brian ive been trying to help scott out here ive sent him a 93 N/a harness to splice into with that 89 turbo harness... he has an older transmission to bolt up to an older style block... i believe 86 ... but he swapping out the internals from that block...

if we get the wiring diagrams from both year cars.. he should be able to use the 89 turbo harness cut the bulk heads off and swap them for the 93 harness bulk heads so they plug in under the dash with no other changes correct?

we could really use someone to assist us with wiring diagrams of these year cars??

thx

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah it might work just fine. the dash is going to make a little more work though as it is driven off of a data bus rather than individual wires im pretty sure. he'll need an 89 dash and speedo cable and hook some other wires up to get the other gauges to work.

Brian

PS, i dont have any diagrams. sorry.