PDA

View Full Version : Homemade solid bobble strut

Stinkbox
02-01-2006, 06:31 PM
here goes a link where you can see it in the first pic. went to home depot and bought 6" of 1" diamater pipe with threads on the end in the plumbing section and also got a end cap for it. costs less than $5. drilled a hole in the center of the cap and stuck a long screw through it and locked it on the otherside with a nut and lock washer. screw the cap onto the pipe real tight then put it on your tranny with your old bobble strut bushings on the top part and make the mark where you need to drill a hole across the bottom for the k frame bracket, install a strong bolt and done. cheap and solid but still has the bushings on the top where it bolts to the tranny.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105899

GLHNSLHT2
02-02-2006, 12:11 AM
what's with the link??? One thing though. You need to go down to a 4wd shop and get some "strut rod" bushings from Energy suspension for a couple bucks. The stock rubber will squish too much and tear. Been there done that. Been running this type of bobble strut for about 6 years now.

SwiftTech
02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
yup I run the same thing with some poly bushings on it. Been on there for a couple of years now and they hold up great.

shadow88
02-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I made mine from the top half (shaft) of the old bobble strut and welded the bottom half of a 96 ish? grand cherokee sway bar link. Looks like the tj's are the same sway bar link. Works awesome, no wheel hop unless it's raining.