PDA

View Full Version : 88 CSX question

glassdave
06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi all, new to the forum here, found you guys through a google search. I have an X girlfriend (we are still good friends) that has a black and silver 88 Shebly Shadow CSX that she is the original owner of. The car is in fantastic original low milage always garage kept condition and she takes impecable care of it. Anyways i kinda got my self into a bit of a jam. I did some work on the car several years ago and misplaced the jack in my shop somewhere and cant remember what it looked like. she called me the other day to see if i still had it. does anyone have a picture of the correct jack for that car or if i cant find hers does anyone have one for sale. thanks all

oh . .. incase you were wondering my name comes from my buisness. i build and race offshore powerboats and have worked with fiberglass and composites most of my life. its also my screen name on an offshore powerboat site i am a member of. :D

slasky
06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
If the car is black and silver it would have to be an 87. I don't have a picture of the jack but I am sure someone else here does.

moparfwdsleeper
06-15-2007, 02:08 AM
I trashed my jack or id send you a pic. black/silver is an 87 - 88 white! welcome to the site.

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Welcome!

Yes, 87 was black and 88 was white, but I have heard that some '88's were black... Do you have any pics? Does it have a dash plaque with a number on it that says "Thrifty" on it? or in intercooler?

I am almost sure that any '87 and '88 used the same jacks for a Shadow/Sundance. Here are pics of the jack that was in a '87 Shadow parts car I had...

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/carnage/87_p_es/MVC-013S.jpg

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/carnage/87_p_es/MVC-014S.jpg

raccoon
06-15-2007, 03:47 AM
ewwwww!

glassdave
06-15-2007, 07:27 AM
hey thanks guys. yea it must be an 87 than, i wasnt really sure of the year. she bought it brand new and swears she will be burried in that car. I gotta tell ya all of my cars have been V8 muscle cars but that little car really impresses me.

well, that dosent really look like any jack i have laying around in my shop so i guess i may need to find one. if anybody has one they could part with i am in the market. thanks again all, I'm off to race in Maryland this weekend and i will check in next week.

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Got pics of the car? Tell her to sign up to the Forum :thumb:

cordes
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome!

Yes, 87 was black and 88 was white, but I have heard that some '88's were black... Do you have any pics? Does it have a dash plaque with a number on it that says "Thrifty" on it? or in intercooler?

I am almost sure that any '87 and '88 used the same jacks for a Shadow/Sundance. Here are pics of the jack that was in a '87 Shadow parts car I had...

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/carnage/87_p_es/MVC-013S.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/carnage/87_p_es/MVC-014S.jpg[/IMG]

I double dog dare you to change a tire with that thing. :lol:

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2007, 12:13 PM
LOL, besides the safety issue the screw was rusted in place...

ShelbyMotorsports
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Welcome!

Yes, 87 was black and 88 was white, but I have heard that some '88's were black...

All 1988 CSX-T's were white. Somewhere I have a photo of the Whittier plant working on the CSX-T's and its nothing but a sea of white cars.

What probably caused the confusion is that in 1987 Shelby sold some 1987 CSX and 1987 Lancer cars to Thrifty which then led to the 1988 CSX-T being built the next year.

Steve

Turbodave
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
The other part of the confusion is that the 87 CSX's were all sold realy late in the year, right alongside the new 88 models.

Dave, if you end up needing a jack let me know, I've probably got a few of the correct ones around, most likely I can even find some that look a lot better than the one that JT pulled out of the trunk of the Titanic above.

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2007, 02:53 PM
All 1988 CSX-T's were white. Somewhere I have a photo of the Whittier plant working on the CSX-T's and its nothing but a sea of white cars.

What probably caused the confusion is that in 1987 Shelby sold some 1987 CSX and 1987 Lancer cars to Thrifty which then led to the 1988 CSX-T being built the next year.

Steve

Cool, thanks for the clarification Steve :thumb:

CSX321
06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Here are pics of the jack that was in a '87 Shadow parts car I had...

A P-body had water leaking into the tire well? Surely not! :D

I bought a Sundance in 1988, and I remember sometime in the '90s opening the trunk and finding the spare tire well nearly full of water.

ShelbyMotorsports
06-15-2007, 05:13 PM
The other part of the confusion is that the 87 CSX's were all sold realy late in the year, right alongside the new 88 models.

Yup I've come across that several times also. People thinking that their car is a 1988 model because they purchased it in 1988.

Turbodave
06-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Yup I've come across that several times also. People thinking that their car is a 1988 model because they purchased it in 1988.

The 87 CSX is extra misleading because even a few of the magazines that tested it back in the day had it listed as an 88 from what I recall.

glassdave
06-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Dave, if you end up needing a jack let me know, I've probably got a few of the correct ones around, most likely I can even find some that look a lot better than the one that JT pulled out of the trunk of the Titanic above.

thanks, I will contact you when i return. if remember correctly the one i removed looked like the one above. in fact i think i kept it because it was rusted and unusable and i was going to see if i could sand blast it or something.

I will ask her what year it is. It is black and silver with blue accents and it does have the Shelby dash plaque. I will also get some pics to post it is very nice and she is very proud of it.

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I will ask her what year it is. It is black and silver with blue accents and it does have the Shelby dash plaque. I will also get some pics to post it is very nice and she is very proud of it.

Cool :thumb:

mo' parts
06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
cool, another one found.
if the owner hasnt already, she can register it at: http://www.shelbyregistry.com/pages/87csx.html

cant wait to see picts.:)

moparfwdsleeper
06-15-2007, 08:37 PM
A black 88 would diff be an odd ball. But if there was woder it show up when you search for info on them? Only reason I ask that is cause there is info on the first that was different from the rest-intercooled. That is small but recorded so i'm thinking thast if there was a black one it would be known of 100% seeing how that is a big difference. This could be a long section if we start talking about prototypes cause they was some painted black but I don't know if they are still stored or was sold at one of those "I wish I could be there" shelby yard sales. Or was that for the 87 CSX prototypes?

Could you get the VIN, build date, also the plaque that is on the clutster bezel what color is it and what is writen on it? Ohh and a few pics of the car?

85shelbycharger
06-16-2007, 02:46 PM
I've got a really nice jack from the '87 Shelby Lancer I just scrapped. If it's the same as what you're looking for let me know.