PDA

View Full Version : Code 13 - Only at idle.

iniviate
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
specs on the car.

88 shadow, 92 r/t drivetrain, 92 SBEC. the wiring harness is part T3, part T1.

when i first put the car together, i kept getting a code 13. i changed the vaccum line to a larger one and moved it to a dedicated source. i also bypassed the baro solenoid and has it running directly to the MAP.

i ran ~500 miles on this setup without anymore problems.

switched to a FWD-P computer, 3bar MAP, and +40's.

i ran put about 400 miles on thise setup. then, oneday sitting at a stop light it throws a code 13. if you start driving, then cycle the key off... it will clear the CEL. when you come to a stop however, the code 13 will return. the ammount of time it will idle before throwing the 13 will vary.

i also had a code 53, which is an internal error i believe.

ok.... so the MAP is getting a large dedicated vaccum line and wasn't giving my any problems before. since i'm getting the code 53, do you think this is a problem with the computer?

i guess what i'm asking is... what else should i try before i call FWD-P? i'd hate to send the computer back, only to find out this was a problem on my end. i want to drive the car, not have it sit while the computer is in texas. :D

mcsvt
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I have code 53 in my computer as well, but it doesn't affect anything. I believe it relates to a check sum value. From my research older cal's had this, but the newer ones the programers should have been able to reset the value.

ShelGame
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
The code 53 is nothing to worry about. It just indicates that the internal checksum is bad. Which is common on custom cals since the binary has been modified.

The code 13, though, is probably there due to the bypassing of the baro read solenoid. The computer uses the solenoid to sample the barometric pressure from time to time. If the sampled pressure is above or below certain limits, it uses a default baro pressure (which is why your car runs OK) but it sets a fault code for MAP...

iniviate
02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
baro read solenoid is back in the mix....

i let it idle for about 10 minutes and it didn't throw a code. i'm going to take it out for a drive in a couple minutes and see if it'll act up.

i guess i just thought it was weird how it took over a tank of gas for this problem to start showing up... yet once it did, it'd do it at almost every stoplight. that and my GLH on 87 electronics never had a problem without the baro solenoid. although, i am finding out the newer computers don't let as much slide.

either way.... if that was the problem, now i feel dumb. :)

turbo xtc
04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
i get that sometimes on mine about the code 13 and sometimes i can't even get a code out this is a t1 ecm i have never been able to figure it out i guess that it is only because it acts like a typical stubborn mopar problem other then that it runs great except when i'm in full boost about 14 psi it will cut out when i let off throttle it runs good againwhen it builds boost again it will cut out again any suggetions anyone. i have tricked the mapsensor to about 14.5 to 15 and it still does it my a/f gauge has never reached under rich i'm confused about this