PDA

View Full Version : Found a 93 Iroc RT

TopDollar69
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
So I was driving for work today, when I caught a glimpse of a black G body with silver badges on the fenders sitting by a body shop off the highway. So I found the next turn aound on the divided highway and headed back to where I saw it. I figured it was probably a V6 but I wanted to make sure. I pulled up to the car and there was no doubt. I went to the body shop and asked about the car which was hit in the passenger front corner. The owner said it was his cousins car and that he was fixing it up. He gave his cousins phone number, and after I looked the car over alittle more I was back on my way. When I got to where I was going, I gave the guy a call. He knows how rare the car is, and tht he has a few other TDs as well. What really blew me away is what he thought the car was worth fixed up. Any guesses? I didnt say anything when he mentioned 15k, but holy cow! The car is nice, but it's still going to be a 93 iroc with 99k miles thats been wrecked before. I was really hoping to pick it up for cheap, but I dont think that will be happening anytime soon.

TopDollar69
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
The car is black with the light gray cloth interior. The VIN is 1B3XW64A2PN609494. Just incase anyone is trying to keep a list of 93 IROC R/Ts. The car is located near Aberdeen SD.

86Shelby
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Dang, everyone I know has moved from Aberdeen. and my repo man is in SF :(

cordes
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't mean to knock everyone, but some people do believe that Chrysler was able to change the color of gold and then rename it the "turbo 3 motor".

LowSL2
06-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Haha! That $15K price reminds me. A guy at work offered me $10K for my R/T and I refused. Everyone says that I'm dumb and that I should have taken it. Because I could have just turned around and bought another one. They don't seem to understand that it's not easy finding one that isn't a complete rust bucket that's in good condition.

The wife thinks I'm nuts. I've been wanting an R/T for years, now I finally have one, I'm not letting it go. Unless I can sell it and get a 93 blue Daytona R/T. Or a silver 92 Spirit R/T. :)

ShelbyMotorsports
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
You misunderstood him. Its $15,000 to fix it up but will only be worth $1500 :D

rich tideswell
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
So I was driving for work today, when I caught a glimpse of a black G body with silver badges on the fenders sitting by a body shop off the highway. So I found the next turn aound on the divided highway and headed back to where I saw it. I figured it was probably a V6 but I wanted to make sure. I pulled up to the car and there was no doubt. I went to the body shop and asked about the car which was hit in the passenger front corner. The owner said it was his cousins car and that he was fixing it up. He gave his cousins phone number, and after I looked the car over alittle more I was back on my way. When I got to where I was going, I gave the guy a call. He knows how rare the car is, and tht he has a few other TDs as well. What really blew me away is what he thought the car was worth fixed up. Any guesses? I didnt say anything when he mentioned 15k, but holy cow! The car is nice, but it's still going to be a 93 iroc with 99k miles thats been wrecked before. I was really hoping to pick it up for cheap, but I dont think that will be happening anytime soon.

give him the link to my thread in the parts for sale section. i have everything he needs to put that car back together

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15256

GLHS592
06-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Haha! That $15K price reminds me. A guy at work offered me $10K for my R/T and I refused. Everyone says that I'm dumb and that I should have taken it. Because I could have just turned around and bought another one. They don't seem to understand that it's not easy finding one that isn't a complete rust bucket that's in good condition.

The wife thinks I'm nuts. I've been wanting an R/T for years, now I finally have one, I'm not letting it go. Unless I can sell it and get a 93 blue Daytona R/T. Or a silver 92 Spirit R/T. :)

I think you're nuts too. If somebody offered me $10k for one of my cars, I think I'd let it roll.

86Shelby
06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't mean to knock everyone, but some people do believe that Chrysler was able to change the color of gold and then rename it the "turbo 3 motor".

Best TIII quote I've heard in years:lol: Right on par with an old one comparing them to high maintanence women.:nod:

cordes
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks. We always used to talk about how one of the guys in the shop could never pick up a T3 car because everyone that he talked to that had one for sale was pretty proud of it.

TopDollar69
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
He says that he has a 92 Iroc TI automatic that he's going to use as a parts car to fix this one up. Thats all fine and dandy, but when it comes time to find a radiator intercooler for it I think he might have a bit of hard time. The car doesnt have much rust on it, but it is starting here and there on the under side.