PDA

View Full Version : TII cal on log motor?

93sundance
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
will it work ok?

Clay
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
sure why not.

you still need to add the air temp sensor, and then make something work for your 4 wire IAC on the TII........ and then realise that you wont be able to use that cal to its full potential with out an IC.

IMO, its more work than its worth for the result.

93sundance
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats right. I forgot about those 2 differences.....I was thinking about installing a TII cal on my friends car before he converts to TII. It sounds like more work than its worth. We might aswell do the conversion first. Then the cal

MiniMopar
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I agree. You also have the issue where #3 and #4 get a little more fuel than #1 and #2 due to that manifold. It's not a big deal at stock boost levels, but it starts to matter if you push it.

WickedShelby88
06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I'd just swap the pins in the injector harness and that will take care of that issue, but where it comes into practical application I would just do the conversion first. It will run sooo much better. I swapped a log long block into my 88 Shelby Z some time ago and it ran great. I was also running an 88 TBI cam though which seemed to work quite well with the T2 cal.

MiniMopar
06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Swapping the pins isn't going to help there. You're probably thinking of the DC intercooler kit logic module. Anyway, it isn't going to matter much at stock boost levels.