PDA

View Full Version : interesting issue...

mark
06-11-2007, 01:55 AM
I had an interesting issue, scare tonight...

out cruising with some cars, and we had one car pull over to the side... so the rest of us pulled over... i was on the car pretty good about 1/4 mile or so back... while I was pulled over waiting, I noticed my vac lower than usual, and the cars idle was starting to get really rough, then I looked in the back mirror and saw smoke. looked at wideband, its pegged at 10.0:1...

i shut the car off, waited a few minutes, and started it up, felt like its running on 3 cyl, and saw smoke, i first thought head gasket, but the smoke was not thick. it looked more like oil......

the engine light came on as i limped home on the xway , minimal smoke from the car, A/F bounced from 10.0 to 10.3 just keeping the car at 55mph....

get the car into the garage, shut the car off, then i smell it, it smells like tons and tons of fuel... even at the tail pipe it stunk of fuel

checked for codes (didnt look them up, see later) and reseated the injector harness thinking one injector was stuck open, checked the fuel pressure, it was where I put it last. no fuel in the fpr vac line...

after doing that, i unplugged the battery, did an ignition cycle a few times to drain the circuits, hooked the battery back up, and the car fired up fine, absolutely no smoke, however the a/f at startup was at like 11:1 and slowly going up to where it normally idled at 14.6:1. the O2 reading on the trimcal was at 2 volts, and was dropping slowly, it took about 45 seconds to get where it was...

i was a little nervous, so i took the car around the block, boosted fine,

called my friends and caught up to them and had a few good races into the throttle to see how it was doing, and it was fine, like nothing happened...
car was running great.

any ideas?????? i got the codes on paper in the garage but I am going to bed.

The one thing I am doing tomorrow is changing the oil, IF i had an injector lockup open, it would have dumped a lot of gas into the cyl and all that stuff is thinning the oil.
ahh the joys of owning a TD...

my wife told me tonight, If I sell 2 cars, I can get a Evo...
So, buh bye saturn, and GTP... :)

BadAssPerformance
06-11-2007, 02:01 AM
I have had injectors stick open and it will run like you said... I have also had similar issues from bad O2 sensors. There were both 8v experiences but probably similar. Let us know what codes ya got.

mark
06-11-2007, 02:33 AM
i cant sleep, heheh..

i got 12, 21, 53, 27, 55

I have another 02 i am going to put in from code 21.... maybe this is why my car runs at 10:0 at wot too... maybe the 0s has been slowly dying or some junk? its not that old, maybe a year. there was someone about a year ago who was selling new mopar 4 wire o2 sensors for like 36 bucks shipped and i put it in when I did my turbo... I'm going to swap it out and swap in the one I originally had. the only reason i swapped it was it was newer, shrug. i guess i failed the if it aint broke dont fudge with it class...

-mark

BadAssPerformance
06-11-2007, 02:37 AM
You might want to check your injector wiring harness or connectors too

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code27.html