PDA

View Full Version : need help finding a junk yard part for my dads firebird.

5sp. mini
06-10-2007, 12:31 PM
well i did my dads intake gaskett, so after i got it back together there was a leak at the plastic tube at the intake and ilder tensioner. Removed it to repair leak and one of the heater hoses comes apart. They have a twist lock that goes in the belt tensioner. All the junk yards up here have know idea what i,m looking for or care to look . It only comes on 95 up to 2000 friebird or camaro with the 3800 v6 rwd motor. Ralph helped me out with a different set up but it did not work. I just had it towed home. Gm said have to buy the whole hose assembly. At 100.00 bucks but all i need is a 3 inch piece of hose off the belt tensioner. To repair. My dads retired and works at walmart to get by. and a marine and cancer surviver. I will post a pic, so if any of you guys are going to the yards next week maybe you can find the part to fix his car. thanks alan

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/LoveMyCat05/?action=view&current=1181494859.pbw

5sp. mini
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
tryded two more places to day no luck. alan

Bubba
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd imagine that there'd be loads of those cars/motors in the yards. Have you looked on ebay at all?

5sp. mini
06-13-2007, 07:21 AM
thanks to all that looked i found one from down south were bill clinton from. i wish there was a dodge yard like this . alan