PDA

View Full Version : Minivan vs Mustang

Dave
06-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Out cruising tonight in my van, it was a good night for rice hunting. I saw a white Mustang GT with a Stalker body kit, 2.5" full exhaust and an intake. I asked him if he wanted to give it a go on the bypass. His buddies were around him too, admiring over the van, blah blah blah. Some of them knew my dad as "the guy that mods minivans." heh lol :eyebrows:

Besides the point. It was me and my girlfriend in my van and him and his g/f in his. Going down the road I turned my boost up a tad as I just turned my fuel up a bit. I believe I was at 23psi and still sitting at 11.1:1. We slowed down and went from about 25mph. I gave the honk and dropped the hammer. Immediately walk ahead and stay that way putting nothing but distance on him and I. After I shifted to 3rd I stopped pulling away so hard and it stayed about even.

The second race we went from a stop. This gets funny. I start boost it up once I see the other light turn yellow and he pulls some Need for Speed Crap out adn starts doing a burnout. :lol: Light goes green and the one with traction wins... me!! Walk him hard and introduce him to humiliation in front of his friends. Which btw were following behind us watching the whole thing. I think they got it on tape, I'll have to ask next time I see them out.

Forgive my huge ego. It's just waaaay too funny. :D
-Bryan

gasketmaster
06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Out cruising tonight in my van, it was a good night for rice hunting. I saw a white Mustang GT with a Stalker body kit, 2.5" full exhaust and an intake. I asked him if he wanted to give it a go on the bypass. His buddies were around him too, admiring over the van, blah blah blah. Some of them knew my dad as "the guy that mods minivans." heh lol :eyebrows:

Besides the point. It was me and my girlfriend in my van and him and his g/f in his. Going down the road I turned my boost up a tad as I just turned my fuel up a bit. I believe I was at 23psi and still sitting at 11.1:1. We slowed down and went from about 25mph. I gave the honk and dropped the hammer. Immediately walk ahead and stay that way putting nothing but distance on him and I. After I shifted to 3rd I stopped pulling away so hard and it stayed about even.

The second race we went from a stop. This gets funny. I start boost it up once I see the other light turn yellow and he pulls some Need for Speed Crap out adn starts doing a burnout. :lol: Light goes green and the one with traction wins... me!! Walk him hard and introduce him to humiliation in front of his friends. Which btw were following behind us watching the whole thing. I think they got it on tape, I'll have to ask next time I see them out.

Forgive my huge ego. It's just waaaay too funny. :D
-Bryan

Took him to school....LOL!!!

Nice work Bryan :thumb:

overlordsshadow
06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
We weren't so lucky against a Mustang SVT Cobra with exhaust, wires, intake and nos (not sure if he used it) in the SRT-4. The SRT runs 13.9 and he was puttin some good lengths on us from roll and stop.

Dave
06-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Mustangs respond real well to modifications so choose your battle with them wisely. I would not screw with a mustang with nitrous. Not until I get my other parts here in a few weeks. hehe