PDA

View Full Version : left blinker going on its own, car not even started

Xtrempickup
06-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I took shifter cables out of my 89 TC 5spd car last week. I put them back in, first thing it would do was it wasnt starting at all. i put a good battery in, now the blinker is going, the car starts and runs fine, but the battery cable got hot, the 2 relays in the fuse box are hot and i cant get the blinker to shut off at all or even signal the other way

Anonymous_User
06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I bet your brake lights are inop right now also. That's probably your hazzards you see blinking. Pull the hazzard switch out on the column. Turn signals and brake lights will work afterwards.

Xtrempickup
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
only one blinker going, and with the car running, the radio is blinking also with the blinker. i dont think its the hazzards, but i chekcked for kicks, you are right, somehow the light on the dash died, threw me off seeing only the one blinking

looneytuner
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
I bet your brake lights are inop right now also. That's probably your hazzards you see blinking. Pull the hazzard switch out on the column. Turn signals and brake lights will work afterwards.

does that make him the Duke of Hazzard?

Xtrempickup
06-10-2007, 12:36 AM
duke of hazzard, thats pretty good Bill

looneytuner
06-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey you want to start a "True confessions" thread? Or should I. Dumb mistakes we have all made.
All in the spirit of good humor. I used to enjoy swapping them with my best buddy that died in Dec.

Xtrempickup
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
thats funny, post it in the lounge see how far it will go. Oh and just for your information, I know how 2 running driveable 16V 5spd TCs