PDA

View Full Version : need help/parts for 2.5 n/a mexican mpi setup

capev86
06-09-2007, 07:43 PM
hey gang....

looking for someone who can socket a T1 auto SBEC for me and burn the mexican mpi calibration to it. also interested if someone has access to mpi parts like the injectors, etc. thanks!!

Turbulence
06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Here is what was posted on the other site. I cut and pasted from this thread:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f56/105256-gurus-mpfi-mexican-cal-2.html

The poster was R2D2. Sounds like all one needs is the turbo harness, intake, injectors, tb, and MPFI SBEC. I would also be interested in getting a SBEC socketted and a Mex MPFI chip burned and installed.

Martin

I know this is a little bit late, but maybe will be helpful to someone, so I will resurect this thread!

I live in Mexico, recently a friend of mine ask me for help to make a NA MPFI - Turbo conversion. We took a Mexican 1991 2.5 MPFI Shadow and put a 2.5 Turbo II complete engine with a T3 Garret Turbo. We were planing to use a 1990 or 1991 Turbo SBEC, but we were unsure if the wiring harness has the same pinout.

For information: all Mexicans MPFI cars (1990 +) have 2 BAR MAP , 1 Piece Intake (with CTS), 46mm Throtle body, they use the 4554130 injectors (that were the same ones used here in Mexico on turbo II engines from 1991 - 1995 , I had these injectors flowed with a set of 4418213 & a set of 5277895, and the 3 sets flow almost the same), after 1991 they introduce the use of O2 sensor. So as you can see almost is identical to a Turbo engine except for the engine internals, all the sensor are the same also.

The 1 million dollar question was if the NA SBEC will have the same internal components as the Turbo SBEC, and if thery were compatible, so we open the SBEC and it looks they were identical. The next step was to socket the NA SBEC ... the EPROM on that SBEC was a M87C257 Texas Instrument. I read the eprom (If someone is interested on this cal PM me with your email and I will sent it to you) and then program it with the cal from a 1991 Mexican Shadow 2.5 TII, and install it on the NA SBEC. It work perfect, the only modification we need to make in wire harness was to wire the solenoid for the wastegate and the BOV (the mexican use one for the BOV but it doesn't have one the for the purge canister).

The good news is that this cal will work on any US Turbo SBEC I, and the wiring harness of a Turbo II or I (just need to wire the CTS) will work without any modification. We have test some US cals with Mexican SBECs, in Mexicans cars and they work just fine, without any modification on the wiring harness (only the code 31 appears for the Purge Canister Solenoid).

Conclusion: The US and Mexican Turbo SBECs are compatibles (also the Mexican MPFI SBEC), and the Mexican MPFI cal will work on any of these ECUs.

If anyone need more information, I will be glad to help you !

Erik G

capev86
06-09-2007, 10:09 PM
the problem with a turbo cal in an n/a mpi setup is it pulls back the timing at WOT. i'd use an ffv computer but 1) i have a 90/91 sbec 1 harness and the 93-95 ffv computer is the sbec. 2) how would the ffv computer function if it didn't have the gas/methanol sensor wired up?

really i need a socketed 90/91 sbec for a T1 auto car and have it reprogrammed with the mpi software. i have the cal off thedodgegarage.com but i don't have a way to burn it. would the vendors be able to do this? they do custom cals all the time!

thanks people!!

Turbulence
06-09-2007, 10:31 PM
the problem with a turbo cal in an n/a mpi setup is it pulls back the timing at WOT. i'd use an ffv computer but 1) i have a 90/91 sbec 1 harness and the 93-95 ffv computer is the sbec. 2) how would the ffv computer function if it didn't have the gas/methanol sensor wired up?

That one I don't have an answer for.

really i need a socketed 90/91 sbec for a T1 auto car and have it reprogrammed with the mpi software. i have the cal off thedodgegarage.com but i don't have a way to burn it. would the vendors be able to do this? they do custom cals all the time!

thanks people!!

Yes, the T1 SBEC with the mexi cal would be the ticket!

Who out in Turbo-mopar land would be willing to socket a couple of SBECs and burn the mexi cal?

Martin
90 Sundance
89 Horizon

capev86
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
also, if i had a socketed sbec i'd be able to reload the T1 data (or better) when i DO eventually install the turbo engine!