PDA

View Full Version : few quick ?'s

Lee'sdaytona
01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
hey guys. Well on my two hour drive to my college, I noticed my air fuel gauge staying on the first lean light (autometer) when the throttle was closed. Open throttle, no lights came on. Do you think this is more a bad signal wire or bad ground wire? (btw, this is not only cruising at 60-70 but also at WOT....no detonation...actually the gauge started to work for a bit today...so which wire would be a good place to start?)

Also, my factory AM/FM/CD/Cass player out of a 2000 jeep or something...I've had it for a few years and just now, regular cd's are starting to skip a bit....not going over bumps or anything. So I assume the lens needs to be cleaned? Is there a better cleaner than others?

thanks,
Lee

Lee'sdaytona
02-03-2006, 04:31 PM
anyone??
-Lee

GLHSKEN
02-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Ground your A/f guage directly to the battery...

Lee'sdaytona
02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Ground your A/f guage directly to the battery...
Yeah I already did that....but I used "fire wire" which is a solid wire about 18 ga. I think the wire coming off the back of the gauge is also pretty small like 18 ga or something. But I know using solid wire is a no-no in cars...it was just what I had laying around at the time....guess I'll have to rewire it sometime.
Anyone ever have luck just cleaning their CD players with those kits to get them to stop skipping?
-Lee

Hooty
02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I've had luck just cleaning them, depends on what you use to clean it etc. Most of the time though, it starts a vicious cycle of having to clean it constantly to keep it from doing it. But that's my experience, you're mileage will probably be different on it

-Will
89 Lebaron 2.5L T1 (down and out but not gone forever)
96 T-bird

Lee'sdaytona
02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
yeah tonight I picked up a cleaner from Radio shack....seems to have fixed it, and hopefully it will work nicely for some time.
thanks,
Lee
PS: The air/fuel started working again....ahh well I'll rewire it anyway in the spring