PDA

View Full Version : what bearings,bushings,rings for 2.2?

WOP'R
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
im rebuilding my 2.2 CB and ill need to know a few things

such as what kind of piston rings, wrist pin bushings and rod bearings do you all think i should go with?? is there really a difference between the different companies for bushing and bearings??

ive read the total seal ring thread and the product does seem interesing BUT!!
wouldnt the chances of detonation increase with these rings? and what is the price difference between "normal rings" and these?

THANKS!:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
I thought NT was doing it? he would supply all the bearings and stuff. Any beaering brand is fine, theres only a couple anyhow. Rings, Hasings, Sealed Power-doesn't matter, all the same. Total Seal-doesn't increase detonation at all.

WOP'R
01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah NT is doing it, but if there was a choice in brands i wanted too see what would be better. Besides after going through the head aches of my last rebuild i dont want to take any chances:)

do you remember how much the total seal rings were? are you running top(1st) or bottom(2nd) total seal ring set??

by the way thanks for the part #:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
They were expensive, around $200 but I think there worth every penny. I probably could have got them cheaper but at that time, I just wanted to put my engine together. Gapless top ring. Maybe this week if I get time I will do the leak down and compression test now that I have some miles on them.
The only issue i have is my engine keeps blowing out oil under boost, I did change a few things when I rebuilt it but after playing with my crankcase vent setups, I have stopped it.

WOP'R
02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
thats odd, i doupt it was due to the rings because if anthing wouldnt they reduce blow-by? (i hope so cause that reason why im thinking about them)

turbovanmanČ
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Its not blow-by per say, I talked with them and they figure there sealing so well, that the crankcase has too much suction and pressure? I guess I will find out when I do the leakdown and comp test.