PDA

View Full Version : New SRT-4 owner

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here on the site. My name is Matt but my friends call my Tweek at times and I own a 2004 E-Blue SRT-4 which bought new in March 2005. I'm kinda new to the whole 2.4L Turbo world. I've also own a '79 Pontiac Trans Am that I've own since I was 17 years old and that car has around 24,800-25,000 original miles on that. I'm a member of CSC (Chicagoland SRT Club) also. I'll try and post some pics up later tonight of the cars if I can.

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Yo, Tweeks, Welcome! Always cool to find more Chicagoland folks! :thumb:

cordes
06-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome aboard.

BIG PSI
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Welcome TWEEKS to our little world. We may have small motors but we have BIG Horse Power.

Chuck

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks. It already feels like home here. I found out about this site from a article in Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine with a '86 Dodge GLH and thought I would check it out.

overlordsshadow
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome. Sounds like you have some sweet rides, gonna tweek them out?

slasky
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks. It already feels like home here. I found out about this site from a article in Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine with a '86 Dodge GLH and thought I would check it out.
Is that they new issue that just came out?

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Is that they new issue that just came out?

Yeah, I just got it in the mail yesterday. It's the newest issue. It's got a '67 Camaro Yenko on the front cover. :thumb:

MiniMopar
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Sweet. I love that mag...

slasky
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I just got it in the mail yesterday. It's the newest issue. It's got a '67 Camaro Yenko on the front cover. :thumb:
I have not received mine yet. I alway seem to get mine later than everyone else even though I am only a few 100 miles from their office. Hopefully it will be there when I get home.

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome. Sounds like you have some sweet rides, gonna tweek them out?

The SRT-4 is definately tweeked already. My mods are Mopar Stage 1 pcm, Mopar/Borla 2.5" cat-back, Needswings 3" catless downpipe w/3" cutout, PTPerformance WGA, Bwoody Solid Motor Mounts & Trans Mount, Mopar BOV, K&N CAI, Maddog 72% STS w/booger bushings, JMB oil catch can & Modern Performance 3" o2 housing waiting to get installed. Visual mods include CTA Motorsports Black Housing headlamps, SRTCreations S-style fiberglass eyelids in e-blue, Depo black housing L.E.D tail lamps, APC clear side marker lenses, Clear 3rd brake light lense, Konig Sidewayz 17x8" rims, Carbon By Design CF HVAC bezel, Carbon By Design CF Fog Bezels, MPx CF Hood scoop insert, Rolled Bumper mod & recently installed By Vamp Design's Interior Gauge & HVAC kit (Blue).
My next mods on my list to get will be AEM Wideband UEGO, PTPerformance Map/Clamp or Dasmopar Clamp, AGP Hardpipes w/HKS Flange & HKS BOV w/purple insert, and possibly Stage 3 turbo kit w/DCR mod.

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Sweet. I love that mag...

They have an article also on a '69 Mustang Boss 429 w/11,000 original miles. There's a caption under of the pics of the spark plug wires and they say a NOS set is like $5,000 and I was like What!:eek: I love how they do the Pros & Cons on the cars. The Cons for the Mustang were somethin' like Too Valueable to drive in traffic, Parts are almost impossible to find & Fillin' up with the right octane gas I think.

Turbodave
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome Tweek!

I'll be looking for that issue of Hemmings in the mailbox tonight hopefully, it's my favorite magazine.

Since your in the area try to make it out to one of our SDAC-Chicago meetings if you get a chance, we usually meet the second Saturday of the month, this month is at JT's place in DesPlaines. SRT-4's and even 79 TransAm's are welcome.

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I remember talkin' to one of the member's of SDAC at the Rolling Meadows cruise nights. He drives a Turbo Caravan with 5-speed I believe older lookin' guy. I forgot his name and I met him around the time I first got my srt-4 before I modded it and he talked to me about the club. Where in Des Plaines? Since I live in Mount Prospect near Randhurst Mall so I could probably stop by on Saturday.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Have you ever seen my shadow at Rollling Meadows?

I just PM'ed you my address, let me know if you can stop by! :thumb:

Turbodave
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I remember talkin' to one of the member's of SDAC at the Rolling Meadows cruise nights. He drives a Turbo Caravan with 5-speed I believe older lookin' guy. I forgot his name and I met him around the time I first got my srt-4 before I modded it and he talked to me about the club. Where in Des Plaines? Since I live in Mount Prospect near Randhurst Mall so I could probably stop by on Saturday.

We've got a few turbo 5spd vans in the club, but if it was a really clean red one it was probably Ron Heiser that you talked to. Unfortunately, Ron passed away this spring, he was a great guy and will certainly be missed.

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Have you ever seen my shadow at Rollling Meadows?

I just PM'ed you my address, let me know if you can stop by! :thumb:

Actually I haven't. By the way the Rolling Meadows cruises moved from Kirchoff rd. to the Meijer's parking lot on Golf rd. now this year.

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
We've got a few turbo 5spd vans in the club, but if it was a really clean red one it was probably Ron Heiser that you talked to. Unfortunately, Ron passed away this spring, he was a great guy and will certainly be missed.

I never saw the his van. He did give a name and number to call to talk to someone about the club but lost it in the glove box some how. I'm sorry to hear that about one of your members though.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Actually I haven't. By the way the Rolling Meadows cruises moved from Kirchoff rd. to the Meijer's parking lot on Golf rd. now this year.

Havn't made it up there yet this year... will soon tho. Just got home from Elmhurst mopar cruise night...

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I never saw the his van. He did give a name and number to call to talk to someone about the club but lost it in the glove box some how. I'm sorry to hear that about one of your members though.

Yeah, Ron was a great guy. Was probably my name and number he gave you, so you ended up finding us anyways :thumb:

DanSRT-4
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome Tweeks. Have fun, this site is bangin with awesome info and people, not to mention the best ----ing cars!

Tweeks_SRT-4
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome Tweeks. Have fun, this site is bangin with awesome info and people, not to mention the best ----ing cars!

Thanks. By the way you got a great lookin' OB SRT-4. :thumb: