PDA

View Full Version : P-body SMEC harness

The S is Silent
01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm working on adapting the P-body smec harness to my L-body, and have some questions. The diagrams I found were only for half of the connectors on the harness...the other connectors that are downstream from the firewall gromet aren't there. I'm going to try to figure it out with colors and sizes and all of the other diagrams I have, but I have something that I'm trying to figure out first.

There are 2 main branches of plugs on the P-body harness, engine to instrument panel, and then 4 other plugs. Some of the wires on both of these go through the firewall gromet to the engine harness, but some of them go to the other connectors inside the car (I have pictures of this...I just need to get them off the camera). What I'm wondering is this: Do I need any of the wires that send signals between the two branches of plugs? It seems like these are just part of the interior wiring on the P-body, and my L-body interior wiring will deal with all of this after I get it wired in. Do I only need to worry about adapting the wires that go through the firewall plug to the 40 pin bulkhead connector?

Sorry if this is confusing...I'll try to post pictures later of what I'm talking about.

supercrackerbox
02-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Send me all the pictures and I'll see if I can't remember where they went, and match it up on the diagrams and send those pages to you as well. I only sent you 11 of the 40 or so pages, so just let me know what else you need.:thumb:

The S is Silent
02-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Send me all the pictures and I'll see if I can't remember where they went, and match it up on the diagrams and send those pages to you as well. I only sent you 11 of the 40 or so pages, so just let me know what else you need.:thumb:

No luck on pictures...I can't find the cord for my camera. BUT...any of the wiring diagrams that say engine on them are the ones I need. I'm trying to figure it out now and I'm flying pretty much blind. I think the ones I'm missing are body to engine, or engine to body or something like that.

supercrackerbox
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
K, I'll try and get them tomorrow night.