PDA

View Full Version : SMEC Cal: FuelBaselineFromMap Question.

Dez
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
What does this this table do exactly, as i have not messed with this table. Do i need to match this to another table?

I would prefer to know what this table does before messing with it.

Let me know, Thanks.

cordes
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Which table?

Dez
06-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Fuelbaselinefrommap

Now, would i need to match that to the WOT/Partthrottle tables?

cordes
06-03-2007, 11:29 PM
No, the different tables are referenced for different things. Go to www.moparchem.com and read up. There is a ton of useful information over there for you.

ShelGame
06-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Fuelbaselinefrommap

In the '89 T1 code, it's only used at idle (no throttle). In some of the earlier LM code, I think the WOT fuel gets added to that table, hence the name "baseline". But, they changed the fuel lookups in '88 to just lookup the actual base PW for No-, Part-, and Full-Throttle.

At the very top of this section, I posted the spark and fuel flow charts for the '89 T1. You can see exactly when that table is used and what else is used to get to the final PW...

GLHNSLHT2
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Fuelbaselinefrommap

Matching the WOT/PT tables forces the ECU into open loop. I match them about 3-5psi. ramping up from 0psi. I'm not sure how far apart the PW has to be between the 2 to be in closed loop though. Anyway matching them at low boost makes the power delivery very smooth. It's almost like the car isn't turbocharged at all.

Dez
06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Matching the WOT/PT tables forces the ECU into open loop. I match them about 3-5psi. ramping up from 0psi. I'm not sure how far apart the PW has to be between the 2 to be in closed loop though. Anyway matching them at low boost makes the power delivery very smooth. It's almost like the car isn't turbocharged at all.

Interesting, i might give that a go.

So would adjusting the FuelbaselineFromMap not make a difference since it is just when at Idle?

GLHNSLHT2
06-04-2007, 09:37 PM
according to rob yes it only controls fuel at idle which from what I've seen messing with the smec cals holds true. I haven't touched mine other than to make it have zero pulsewidth above a certain vacuum so when I dump the throttle at cruise it shuts off all the fuel but as soon as the vacuum comes up to idle levels the fuel turns back on.

Dez
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
ok, cool. Hopefully i will have some time this weekend to mess around with my cal.

Thanks

cordes
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM
according to rob yes it only controls fuel at idle which from what I've seen messing with the smec cals holds true. I haven't touched mine other than to make it have zero pulsewidth above a certain vacuum so when I dump the throttle at cruise it shuts off all the fuel but as soon as the vacuum comes up to idle levels the fuel turns back on.

Does that work well in parking lots etc. or does it get a little jerky?

GLHNSLHT2
06-05-2007, 07:04 PM
It can get a little jerky if you're trying to part throttle the car. But I think it may have to do with the way my part throttle curve is setup as well in high vacuum. I haven't played with it much as it doesn't bother me. I ususally don't creep too much through parking lots. I like to get in and get out :) You can just lug the car in a higher gear or drive faster in 1st gear.

cordes
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Cool. I might have to give that a try then.