PDA

View Full Version : ECU's

badandy
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Okay, I'm trying to knock the cobwebs out of my head so forgive me if this is a stupid question...it's been awhile!

I'm looking to pick up a spare ECU and either try the prom burning or get it socketed and get one burned for me...on to my question:

88T1 ECU is in a 88 CSX-T (I assume as it's non-intercooled factory)
88TII ECU is what could be found in a Daytona Shelby or similar TII intercooled setups.

Once intercooled can these be interchanged? I would think so as the difference should be the intake charge air sensor. So...swap computer and run the wire from whatever pin and drill/tap intake for the sensor...right? wrong? Why can't I remember this? I've done this before with SBEC's but I thought I had better ask.

Feeling a little stupid:confused:

Clay
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
the only difference should be the extra wire for the air temp sensor. No reason you cant swap back and forth between the two. You wont (obviously) get the performance out of the TI that you will the TII computer.

BadAssPerformance
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds right to me :thumb:

ShelGame
06-04-2007, 07:54 AM
The computers are identical except for the cal. So, if you're chipping it anyway, it won't matter which one you use...

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2007, 08:14 AM
The computers are identical except for the cal. So, if you're chipping it anyway, it won't matter which one you use...

Good point. In that case you might want to use the T1 computer as a 'core' to socket because they are more plentiful.

badandy
06-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Makes sense but there is an added benefit of the air charge temp sensor I would think? It would seem like the TII would be the way to go and add the charge air like I said.

Does anyone have a spare 88 TII computer for sale? I would like to get out of 2 bar land!

ShelGame
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
But, you're going to put a 3-bar cal in it anyway, right? Then it doesn't matter if it's a T1 or T2 computer. Any turbo SMEC can use the charge temp sensor - it doesn't have to be a T2. I have a couple of SMEC's on my shelf. I can even socket it for you...

badandy
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Sending PM

MiniMopar
06-07-2007, 11:14 AM
+1...The T1 SMEC has the pin and input. What will be missing is the pin and circuit in the harness on a T1 car.