PDA

View Full Version : What are you driving to/at SDAC-17???

BadAssPerformance
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Just under 3 weeks away, I am working my assoff to try to get the Z back together to bring to SDAC-17. Waaay too much yellow fire extinguisher crap everywhere to clean off is taking waaaay more time that I would have ever dreamed! :(

So the optimistic side of me says the Z will be there, but the realistic and 'you cannot rush perfection' sides of me says I'll be rolling my daily driver T2 Shadow there.

What are you bringing? give us a preview!

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/clone/srt/srt_lr.jpg

slasky
06-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I will be bringing my SC if my turbo gets here in time. Currently it looks like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/520843995_a61b99b057.jpg?v=0

If not I will bring this:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2503000-2503999/2503753_1.jpg

And If I don't get the title for the daytona in time I will have to bring the srt4 :(

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/739000-739999/739259_8.jpg

mcsvt
06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Bringing one of these... The white one is a bit squished, but will most likely be traveling with me.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1829_Large_.JPG

1FastCSX289
06-03-2007, 10:36 PM
As long as it doesnt break between now and then while I am tuning it for 20+ PSI, I will be bringing my CSX:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/514762892_aea604652d.jpg?v=0

contraption22
06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
It changes daily. Either the SRT or the Horizon.

Clay
06-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Right now its the 87 GLHS. Unless for some reason I just decide to bring the GLHT. Depends on if the interior gets into the GLHT in the near future I guess.

slasky
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
As long as it doesnt break between now and then while I am tuning it for 20+ PSI, I will be bringing my CSX:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/514762892_aea604652d.jpg?v=0

Wow that is a great picture of your CSX.

1FastCSX289
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow that is a great picture of your CSX.

I took it myself. And thats me in the driver's seat. :eyebrows:

fleckster
06-04-2007, 12:26 AM
As usual, I'll have Ramalicious III towing The Evil Spurt ...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/562/medium/MVC-781S.JPG

CSX321
06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Right now I"m planning to drive the '89 CSX. Assuming it's still behaving itself by then. I replaced the oil pan gasket over the weekend. It's smoking a little at startup, but not after running for a bit. Should I replace the valve stem seals?

Turbodave
06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
The optomistic me will be towing my 85 GLH-T (The direct connection one) out behind the Ram. After I fix about 100 little things that the car needs in the next 3 weeks.

The realistic me might be there driving the 95 neon, my current back-up plan.

Was hoping to have my 89 Comp Pkg Shadow back for this years SDAC, but it's still in Iowa at my uncles place waiting for the last of the body work and paint. Hopefully that will come home at the end of this summer, I'm really missing that car.

clarkwhoracing
06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I will have my 89 omni 2.5 turbo out there.

It is the former snorl on these here boards - That distinguishing marking will be gone by then I hope.

Not sure I will drag but will come out to watch and have some fun!

I will be traveling over with the Ohio crew heading out that way.

Should be a fun time for me and be a first "mopar" meet

:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
The optomistic me will be towing my 85 GLH-T

The realistic me might be there driving the 95 neon, my current back-up plan.

Dude, you gotta get the DC GLH-T done, you're soooo close!

But if you don't... sure you dont want to tow my car again? :D

mo' parts
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
as long as everything works out, ill be there with the shelby.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/573000-573999/573283_206_full.jpg

Clay
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Lets take up a collection of buffalo chicken flavored pretzel pieces for Dave so he can get his car done!!!!!!!!!!!

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
This... :(

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/Picture_078.jpg

Turbodave
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Dude, you gotta get the DC GLH-T done, you're soooo close!

But if you don't... sure you dont want to tow my car again? :D

In a perfect world I'd have the GLH-T done, and just drive it out there saving on the cost of towing it out with the truck. We'll see how the next few weeks go. Once I get the engine in the Lebaron all my garage efforts are going to the GLH-T. Of course we're getting uber-busy at work also, which always seems to happen right when I could use a slow period. Im trying to avoid working weekends by pulling a few late nights each week and working some evenings from home once I get in from the garage.

1FastCSX289
06-04-2007, 03:45 PM
This... :(

Bummer. No Daytona yet? How far did you get? No chance of pulling it together ay?

Murphy
06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
hopefully this
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/651/medium/Picture_063.jpg

just need to get it honed and reassembled

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Bummer. No Daytona yet? How far did you get? No chance of pulling it together ay?

Right now the block sits on the stand and is half sandblasted. If I stand any chance of finishing it I need serious help. I still need a clutch, fuel pump, and the intercooler piping. Not to mention paint the engine, assemble it and paint the front clip. :yuck:

slasky
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
hopefully this
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/651/medium/Picture_063.jpg

just need to get it honed and reassembled
Can you make it do a wheelie like that at SDAC?????:eyebrows:

1FastCSX289
06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Right now the block sits on the stand and is half sandblasted. If I stand any chance of finishing it I need serious help. I still need a clutch, fuel pump, and the intercooler piping. Not to mention paint the engine, assemble it and paint the front clip. :yuck:

ahhh....yea. Thats a long ways off. Even with help, it would be pretty hard to get that up and going for SDAC. Havent had a chance to get on it yet, huh?

contraption22
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Sand blasted the block?

GLHSKEN
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Hmmm Should I bring the solstice??? It rocketed up to 110 today.

cordes
06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
I am going to try my darndest to get there in my omni. I will probably placing an order for parts in a day or so, and then time will tell. Fingers crossed for sure.

MystryGuy
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Geez you got 11 now Ken?? Thatsgot me beat by far.. sitting at 6 right now just sold one! (cept im the only driver/mechanic of them)

I'm hoping to have my Shadow there if the 62-1 gets installed this weekend, also needs a better tune :)

cordes
06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Geez you got 11 now Ken?? Thatsgot me beat by far.. sitting at 6 right now just sold one! (cept im the only driver/mechanic of them)

I'm hoping to have my Shadow there if the 62-1 gets installed this weekend, also needs a better tune :)

Wow, I haven't seen you on here in a while. Good to see that you are alive and well!

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
ahhh....yea. Thats a long ways off. Even with help, it would be pretty hard to get that up and going for SDAC. Havent had a chance to get on it yet, huh?

Honostly if it was going to be a stock engine id say ill be there with it but I need some time to tune it in before I drive to PA with it.

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Sand blasted the block?

Yeah, why?

Also... block is now in primer. Scratch my first comment. :)

jaysshelby
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
here is what I am driving, since the one in the second pic is not finished yet.

contraption22
06-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Hmmm Should I bring the solstice??? It rocketed up to 110 today.

I say bring it. Probably be a great bracket race car. I've been seeing alot of them on the road around here lately, along with the Sky. I don't live very far from the plant, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I gotta tell ya.. if I was in the market for a car, and they made a hardtop... that would be it. I'm dying to see what the aftermarket is going to offer for these as far as upgrades. You gotta go find Johny Tran in his "Honda 2000" and kick his ---.

Orangetona
06-05-2007, 12:29 AM
What about your sandblasted comment? :)

I dont get it.

contraption22
06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
I had just never heard of that before.

GLHSKEN
06-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Hey Cory... how ya doing. yep... 11 and looking to add 1 and sell 2. i am counting 2 parts cars there as well. When all is said and done, I'll have 8 running cars.

1FastCSX289
06-05-2007, 08:51 AM
What about your sandblasted comment? :)

I dont get it.

Most people have them hot tanked. The sand makes it so you have to be REAL careful about cleaning it all out of the nooks and crannies.....and even then, that stuff just gets in everywhere.

But, whatever works....

contraption22
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Most people have them hot tanked. The sand makes it so you have to be REAL careful about cleaning it all out of the nooks and crannies.....and even then, that stuff just gets in everywhere.

But, whatever works....
Agreed... i would be too afraid to sand blast it.... one or two little grains not found when you are cleaning could be very costly.

Orangetona
06-05-2007, 12:38 PM

But, whatever works....

Yeah, I know, many people do it though. Ive done it before and havent had a problem, even though you think you didnt get any in the engine you really do lol. Im pretty careful so hopefully its ok.

2.216VTurbo
06-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I would post a pic of the project 300 rental but I won't see it unitl I hit the Pitts airport. I'm sure it will be that lovely shade of rental green:o At least it will be carrying me, my tools, a NX nitrous kit and my buddy Pat:D We have to go fix a TC Masi in VA while were 'in the neighborhood';) It's missing a few parts and hasn't been started in years, needs to be a driver to get it shipped out west:whip:

1FastCSX289
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I would post a pic of the project 300 rental but I won't see it unitl I hit the Pitts airport. I'm sure it will be that lovely shade of rental green:o At least it will be carrying me, my tools, a NX nitrous kit and my buddy Pat:D We have to go fix a TC Masi in VA while were 'in the neighborhood';) It's missing a few parts and hasn't been started in years, needs to be a driver to get it shipped out west:whip:

You got the kit eh?:evil: :evil: :evil: Sweet.

I wouldnt call VA in the "neighborhood" of Pittsburg. Plan on driving a few hours huh?

sdac guy
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
You got the kit eh?:evil: :evil: :evil: Sweet.

I wouldnt call VA in the "neighborhood" of Pittsburg. Plan on driving a few hours huh? Compared to driving from SoCal, it's in the neighborhood :D

Barry

DC Turismo
06-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Alan

I hope you're planning on going to VA AFTER SDAC's over!

How about this year we get a better turnout of the Shelby Lancer and CSX-VNT's?! I think in Cincy there were 2 SL's and maybe 3 89 CSX's???

I'll be cruising my Daytona around since it's my daily driver. Has a cracked windshield right now and the paint is a 30 footer! haha :o It's not on the top of priorities right now to redo at this point. ;)

Companynine
06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Hell, I brought the only H-body at all to Topeka. It is nice to have a trophy, though!
I think there were (at most) three Shadows there.

I don't have time to rebuild the suspension, so somebody else better bring a Lancer this time!

2.216VTurbo
06-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Alan

I hope you're planning on going to VA AFTER SDAC's over!

How about this year we get a better turnout of the Shelby Lancer and CSX-VNT's?! I think in Cincy there were 2 SL's and maybe 3 89 CSX's???

I'll be cruising my Daytona around since it's my daily driver. Has a cracked windshield right now and the paint is a 30 footer! haha :o It's not on the top of priorities right now to redo at this point. ;)

Well, the car has got to be fixed or at least a runner so I can arrange shipping by the time I take my flight home Wednesday morning at 9am. I would imagine the crew will be making a late night of it on Tuesday.

BTW all of you who want libations from the unofficial ETOH sponser of SDAC, get you orders in now, I am planning on filling the --- end of the 300 with a few hundred dollars worth of fermented refreshments as one of my first tasks:partywoot: :dancingbana: :eyebrows:

My two choices are Ketel One/Red Bull/cranberry and of course Sparks Light for my 'before noon' drink of choice:nod:

1FastCSX289
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, the car has got to be fixed or at least a runner so I can arrange shipping by the time I take my flight home Wednesday morning at 9am. I would imagine the crew will be making a late night of it on Tuesday.

BTW all of you who want libations from the unofficial ETOH sponser of SDAC, get you orders in now, I am planning on filling the --- end of the 300 with a few hundred dollars worth of fermented refreshments as one of my first tasks:partywoot: :dancingbana: :eyebrows:

My two choices are Ketel One/Red Bull/cranberry and of course Sparks Light for my 'before noon' drink of choice:nod:

How do we place our orders? I couldnt find it on the registration form on the SDAC site. :lol: Put me down for some Sparks and a bunch of Zima! Ill be in on this N2O (excuse me, Nawz) install to work it off.:nod:

GLHS069
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
How do we place our orders? I couldnt find it on the registration form on the SDAC site. :lol: Put me down for some Sparks and a bunch of Zima! Ill be in on this N2O (excuse me, Nawz) install to work it off.:nod:

I NEED MORE NAWZ!!!!

Aries_Turbo
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
right now the k car looks exactly like slasky's charger. head should be back from the shop tomorrow hopefully. then ill be wrenching all next week to get it done before the weekend. i want to have some miles on it before I drive to PGH.

if i dont get it done or something freak happens, ill have a 98 Dodge Neon Sport Dohc ATX <--Boring.. with Pizza wheels. :)

Brian

Turbodave
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
if i dont get it done or something freak happens, ill have a 98 Dodge Neon Sport Dohc ATX <--Boring.. with Pizza wheels. :)

Brian

We can race your boring neon Dohc Atx sport against my boring neon Sohc Mtx Sport:thumb: . Mine is better because it has pumpers on it...:lol:

1FastCSX289
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
right now the k car looks exactly like slasky's charger. head should be back from the shop tomorrow hopefully. then ill be wrenching all next week to get it done before the weekend. i want to have some miles on it before I drive to PGH.

Brian

You'll get it done. Worst case, im coming to get my trailer......we hook up the k-car and throw it up on the lift and bang it out within a few hours.

Orangetona
06-07-2007, 08:13 AM
You'll get it done. Worst case, im coming to get my trailer......we hook up the k-car and throw it up on the lift and bang it out within a few hours.

Wish I could say that about my car lol.

BadAssPerformance
06-07-2007, 08:21 AM
We can race your boring neon Dohc Atx sport against my boring neon Sohc Mtx Sport:thumb: . Mine is better because it has pumpers on it...:lol:

You are bringing the Omni! If you don't, I will :evil:

Aries_Turbo
06-07-2007, 10:08 AM
the MTX will win. the ATX makes it pretty much a dog. it pulls a little after 4000rpms but it shifts so early unless i hold it in gear. its my wifes car though so im not messing with it till i get her something else. im thinking something like a 2g neon or a cloud car. i love driving around in my moms cirrus. 2.4 4-speed. nice and smooth and comfy.

Brian

sdac guy
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
the MTX will win. the ATX makes it pretty much a dog. Joe Yurgaites had a slime green dohc atx neon. At an SDAC a few years ago, he let Barry Miles drive it in the turtle race. Bill Cuttitta and Joe rode along. So the tree counts down and turns green, the car slowly pulls away from the starting line. Bill says to Barry "you can floor it anytime now". Barry Miles replies, "I floored it to leave the starting line."

With the turtle race being a 19.99 dial in for everyone, they didn't need to worry about breaking out. :lol:

Joe won the Neon bracket race in that Neon at the Mopar Nats a year or two later. It ran consistent 18.70's. For the final run, his cooler, tent and everything was packed in the trunk. It turned a mid 19 on an 18.70 dial. The other guy broke out. :lol: :lol:

Barry

Turbodave
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I guess the 16.7's my neon runs consisitently aren't that bad then. It still feels slow to me.

The Omni is coming along, worked on it until 2am last night and plan on working on it every free minute I get for the next few weeks. It may not have a full interior when it goes to SDAC, but I will try my best to get it there.

Aries_Turbo
06-07-2007, 09:44 PM
it is slow^^^ :) hehe but my wifes is slower. i have a buddy with a 2.5L TBI aries... originally had a 2.2... kept the original trans in the car and just swapped in a fresh 88 tbi and smec and wiring. smooth running motor. stock 2.2L quiet exhaust (no center resonator). handily stomps on my wifes dohc atx neon. lol. I might be able to beat it if I was perfect on the manual shift right before the rev limiter but I dunno. it would be close and thats sad. oh well. it runs perfect. its just slow. :)

as a k car update. just got the head back from the machine shop. he strongly urged me to get some stiffer valve springs so this doesnt happen again. i will soon enough.... or I wont bother and ill do a 16v swap. :) but the head is reassembled and ready to lower on the car when I get my next chance which will be monday.

Brian

GLHSKEN
06-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Alan.... I will be bringing Cubans... HOPE YOU LIKE...

R/T
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I'll have Serious Wood II there, Yaaay!!! :D

85shelbycharger
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
There is a slight possibility that my SC will make a venture out, but at the rate I'm progessing, it's not likely :o My Daytona will be in the show and my Omni will make a cameo appearance on the other days :thumb:

BIGBRUDDA
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM

I certainly hope you haff "Zere papahs in ordah" heir Adler !:cool:

2.216VTurbo
06-12-2007, 10:07 AM

I do like brunettes but SHHH!! My wife reads here to check in on me now and then. Got any about 5'7" to 5'9" and no more than 135lbs or so??:lol:

Dave
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Who's bringing the minivans!?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/644/medium/S5002244.JPG

Mine will be there. If my +1, ported head gets back in time perhaps we'll do a little swappy swappy with this new puppy. :eyebrows: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/644/medium/intake.JPG

jpcturbo
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Who's bringing the minivans!?

I will be. 88 mini, factory 5 speed (A520), T2 w/ rad and IC out of my old Shelby Z.

Dave
06-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Sweet, I hope there is a larger turnout of vans then there was at SDAC 15. I missed 16 so I don't know how many were there. I'm just looking forward to the parking lot burnout contest. :eyebrows:

Aries_Turbo
06-16-2007, 10:18 PM
yay! I have a running turbo k car again. :) Just gotta retorque the head studs and clean the car (its nasty right now) and im ready for SDAC! :)

Brian

slasky
06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
yay! I have a running turbo k car again. :) Just gotta retorque the head studs and clean the car (its nasty right now) and im ready for SDAC! :)

Brian
My car still has the head off and no turbo so it might not make it. I found a stock T2 turbo I could use but it has a 2 1/4 swingvalve which won't match up to my 3 inch downpipe. So I either need a 2 1/2 swingvalve or a 2 1/2 downpipe.

contraption22
06-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Put the Mopar downpipe on the SRT-4. Also replaced the PCV, plumbed in a Home Depot catch can, and tested and fixed all the boost leaks. Just gotta clean her up and filler with crap!

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 08:24 AM
My car still has the head off and no turbo so it might not make it. I found a stock T2 turbo I could use but it has a 2 1/4 swingvalve which won't match up to my 3 inch downpipe. So I either need a 2 1/2 swingvalve or a 2 1/2 downpipe.

This is crazy talk. Order up a 2 1/2" DP from autostoned for like 40 bucks and either let it hang next to the 3" system or if you want to get crazy you could get a 2.5-3" adapter and graft it into your 3" system.

Or.....call Cindy, have her overnight a 2.5 swing valve and then resell it after youre done. You'll lose 40 or 50 bucks either way, but I would think that its worth it to have the car for SDAC. DO IT!!! I'll help you get that head on their wednesday afternoon. DO IT!!!

slasky
06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
This is crazy talk. Order up a 2 1/2" DP from autostoned for like 40 bucks and either let it hang next to the 3" system or if you want to get crazy you could get a 2.5-3" adapter and graft it into your 3" system.

Or.....call Cindy, have her overnight a 2.5 swing valve and then resell it after youre done. You'll lose 40 or 50 bucks either way, but I would think that its worth it to have the car for SDAC. DO IT!!! I'll help you get that head on their wednesday afternoon. DO IT!!!

I think I might go with the 2.5 downpipe from autostoned. I already have an adapter to hook it up to the 3 inch exhaust.
I am not very motivated now that it won't be right and I will be cobing it together. I doubt that it will even get buffed out and have the decals put on it and it certainly won't have the little details in the interior done. I am seriously contemplated just bringing my srt4.

2.216VTurbo
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I will be. 88 mini, factory 5 speed (A520), T2 w/ rad and IC out of my old Shelby Z.

Sweet, welcome to the list JPC, make sure you find me to say hey at SDAC. Free beer in it for you:thumb:

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I am seriously contemplated just bringing my srt4.

Theyre all gonna laugh at you. :nod:

Aries_Turbo
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
im going to pee in the backseat of the SRT-4 if he brings it! :)

Brian

Orangetona
06-17-2007, 11:31 PM
im going to pee in the backseat of the SRT-4 if he brings it! :)

Brian

Lmao.

Is the downpipe really available from autozone? I dont think they are from Napa.

slasky
06-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Lmao.

Is the downpipe really available from autozone? I dont think they are from Napa.

They have to special order it. Advanced can't get them at all. I am going to try Nu Way tomorrow, which is the only real auto parts store we have in Rochester.

Sean can you give me a hand Tuesday?

I have come this far so F it. My car will be there even if it is just running a down pipe, has no decals, and an almost done interior. Besides I don't want some gazer urinating in the back seat of my SRT4.

It just sucks that I was hoping to qualify for the quick 8 and now it probably won't happen with the tiny tII turbo.:mad:

sdac guy
06-18-2007, 07:46 AM
It just sucks that I was hoping to qualify for the quick 8 and now it probably won't happen with the tiny tII turbo.:mad: You never know though. It all depends on how many drag racers we get. Right now we are at 23. Could be a 14 will make the cut into Q8.

Barry

contraption22
06-18-2007, 08:35 AM
You never know though. It all depends on how many drag racers we get. Right now we are at 23. Could be a 14 will make the cut into Q8.

Barry

Hmm... maybe I will bring the big slicks for the SRT-4....

Keito
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Hmm... maybe I will bring the big slicks for the SRT-4....

Ya, I guess I'll throw the drag radials in the trunk and give the SST a try in HOM.

pokadot1
06-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Lee and I will be in our 1986 GLHS I can't wait!! I am racing at Cecil sat/sun At NSCA's event. And Lee is there announcer at this event. and last Sat. was his first race announcing for Ram Racing's Event's. Just think was it SDAC 4 at 75-80 dragway he started his announcing at age 7? Do I sound like a proud Dad?
Cliff Sebring

jpcturbo
06-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Sweet, welcome to the list JPC, make sure you find me to say hey at SDAC. Free beer in it for you:thumb:

Thanks! and I will. However, sad news, the van won't make it down. Suspension problems - which I don't have time to fix b4 Saturday. A shame too, becuase I was going to install beer holders in the engine compartment for the parking lot events. :) No K-car either, so hitching a ride with my brother in his non-dodge.... it's got A/C and after 15 and 16 that's all I care about!

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2007, 03:27 PM
You never know though. It all depends on how many drag racers we get. Right now we are at 23. Could be a 14 will make the cut into Q8.

Barry

Hmm, I'm wondering if the NOS 75 shot is gonna get the 3.5l 300 touring into the 14's:eyebrows: ??

cordes
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Hmm, I'm wondering if the NOS 75 shot is gonna get the 3.5l 300 touring into the 14's:eyebrows: ??

if not there is always a bigger jet...

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2007, 05:20 PM

What brand of fogger nozzle? What size jets do you need me to bring? :D

Orangetona
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM

This sounds like it might be a little fun. :)

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM

The 15lb bottle has already been topped off and is coming over with the Chuck and Bryan Green team, and I visited a Nitroussupply.com, a store run by Mike Thermos the originator of nitrous systems for race cars and a local SD/TD owner Mike Flynn. They set me up with 35 shot, 50 shot and 75 shot. He tried to gvie me nozzles for a 100 shot too but I resisted those, IMO no way the 3.5l would handle the 100 shot and stay together. I will purchase the optional insurance but I really don't want to have to go 40 miles back to Pitts Airport and get another car (and explain how I have no idea why the car is leaking oil out the side of the block:o )

slasky
06-18-2007, 07:09 PM

I ended up going through my parts loft and I found the top half of a 2.25 downpipe, the bottom of a 2.5 downpipe, and a 2.5 to 3 adapter. The top of the 2.25 was cracked where the donut goes so I welded it. I stuck the 2.25 part into the rest of the 2.5 pipe and welded it together. Once I get the turbo in I will weld the adapter to the 2.5 pipe and then clamp it into rest of the 3 inch exhaust. I looks like something sean would make except the welds are better.

WVRampage
06-18-2007, 09:25 PM
If all goes well this week I will have my rampage at the show on sunday,but if not Ill have my volvo and just be helping park cars.

Blue Iroc R/T
06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, I am going to try to bring my Iroc R/T for the Car Show on Sunday. I hadn't posted earlier, because my Dad is in failing health and plans could change at the last minute. But as of now, I plan on getting a early start Sunday morning and hope to see you all at the Show around 9:30 or so. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
The 15lb bottle has already been topped off and is coming over with the Chuck and Bryan Green team, and I visited a Nitroussupply.com, a store run by Mike Thermos the originator of nitrous systems for race cars and a local SD/TD owner Mike Flynn. They set me up with 35 shot, 50 shot and 75 shot. He tried to gvie me nozzles for a 100 shot too but I resisted those, IMO no way the 3.5l would handle the 100 shot and stay together. I will purchase the optional insurance but I really don't want to have to go 40 miles back to Pitts Airport and get another car (and explain how I have no idea why the car is leaking oil out the side of the block:o )

LOL>.. gotcha :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Shaodw might not make it there and back... Dak probably not able to tow it there and back... work this week is like going to hell and back... Looks like I'll be driving these this year... :thumb:

http://shop.vans.com/wcsstore/Vans/images/products/5MTB.JPG

neonkitten63
06-18-2007, 11:10 PM
^^^ at least they are cute....lol.

*runs and hides*

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Doh! ...LOL!

*chases neonkitten63 around the room*

bfarroo
06-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Plan on taking the 91 as long as it behaves itself this week as I put more miles on it. I was thinking of towing with the dakota but I trust that less at this point than I do the 91. Would have been nice if I could have fit the A/C in the daytona but there just isn't enough room. I'll have the dakota ready for next year and I can race the daytona without having to worry about getting home.

Orangetona
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM

I do have a question though, what if it decides to break anyways?

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 12:31 AM
I do have a question though, what if it decides to break anyways?

Oh that's an easy question, if it breaks, I call Thrifty lodge a complaint with the right person and get another car:eyebrows:

BTW JT, go ahead and bring the Nitrous and fuel jets for the 100 shot, I spoke with the manager at the location I am renting from and offered him Ahem, *cough* *cough* an incentive to score me one of the 20 Hemi 300C's they have out of about 200+ 300 rentals:evil: Chances are improving of getting the Hemi...:D

I have the nozzle that takes the 'short' style jets

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Sweet.... NOS Brand fogger Nozzle?

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Uh, no experience with nitrous systems, I plead ignorance:( Is a picture worth a thousand words here?

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 01:02 AM
OK, not NOS brand but the Nitrous Express jets look similar... do you have a "46" and a "30" in that bag?

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 01:18 AM
OK, not NOS brand but the Nitrous Express jets look similar... do you have a "46" and a "30" in that bag?

No, I asked them NOT TO sell me those, the 3.5 will surely spit out a rod with the 100 shot. IF, big IF, I score the Hemi C car, I'd be willing to try the 100 shot on it:evil:

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Did you look at the jets? you got 10 jets in the bag, and 10 jets listed on the bag for the 5 sets...

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Did you look at the jets? you got 10 jets in the bag, and 10 jets listed on the bag for the 5 sets...

You know JT, it's guys like you that make guys like me look stupid:o Look in the bag and/or count the jets, what a premise:) Yep, the guy I was talking TD's with at the shop sent jr into the back room to fill the bag. Not only do I have the 100 shot jets in there, there are jets for a 125shot too:eyebrows: Somethings gonna break now for sure, once I get a few drinks in me the 125 will seem like a good idea:banghead:

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 08:26 AM
LOL... like you said, a picture worth a thousdand words... :thumb:

Clay
06-20-2007, 09:23 AM
So Alan...... what are you going to do with the nitrous kit once the shenanigans are over? or the car explodes?

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
So Alan...... what are you going to do with the nitrous kit once the shenanigans are over? or the car explodes?

Funny you should ask... I kind of have this little evil plan to see 600WHP in the GLHS just one time to say I did it. Might want a bit of help spooling up the GT35:evil: K1 rods and the oversize valve head (parts that didn't exist when I built the motor 8+years ago) are in the works to handle the revs:eyebrows:

Rick has some tricks in the works as well as Jay in Washington is building a stout Masi motor. Gotta stay ahead of those guys for bragging rights:D

cordes
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I am now officially taking my shadow, rust, megacracked windshield and all.

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I am now officially taking my shadow, rust, megacracked windshield and all.

Someone bring a J-Yard P body windshield, we will replace Cordes shield in the parking lot. No garrantees on weatherproofing though:lol:

cordes
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Someone bring a J-Yard P body windshield, we will replace Cordes shield in the parking lot. No garrantees on weatherproofing though:lol:

No joke, I would be up for that for sure. Does anyone have one we could do that with? It had been horrifically cracked for a year and a half now. The past year or two has been very rough on it.

Turbodave
06-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I might have a spare windshield in a parts car, but 95% of the time I end up breaking them when I try to pull them.

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Piratemobile:

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
SAAaaaargghhB?

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
SAAaaaargghhB?

Turbo SARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHB :)

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2007, 01:54 PM
LOL... :thumb:

Aries_Turbo
06-20-2007, 03:11 PM
cool, the turbo k car is back together and driving well. I took it for a spin last night. I hit 17psi and no issues. im gonna pop in the 180 deg t-stat and give it a bath and vaccum it out and im all set. :) I had to change a alky injector though... I guess the cold start injector didnt like the methanol in the windshield washer fluid. im going to get some solenoids and nozzles after sdac.

Brian

TurbododgePirate
06-20-2007, 03:30 PM
cool, the turbo k car is back together and driving well. I took it for a spin last night. I hit 17psi and no issues. im gonna pop in the 180 deg t-stat and give it a bath and vaccum it out and im all set. :) I had to change a alky injector though... I guess the cold start injector didnt like the methanol in the windshield washer fluid. im going to get some solenoids and nozzles after sdac.

Brian

Please put those Azenis on it so it has some traction :)

cordes
06-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I might have a spare windshield in a parts car, but 95% of the time I end up breaking them when I try to pull them.

That is why I have never taken the time to try it in the yards. I guess there is no harm in trying though, as they are usually staked 3 high.

Aries_Turbo
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Please put those Azenis on it so it has some traction :)

yeah right.... the 195 width doesnt stand a chance. those are going on my v6 k car. :)

i have 225/50/15 kumhos on the turbo k. they dont get totally slaughtered like the stock steelies and 185/70/14's lol. :)

Brian

turbojerk
06-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll be driviing this with the trailer and GLH-T in tow....

http://a817.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_ffebcf6867f4660fb2dac14654ee9dc0.jpg

slasky
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I will be bringing my SC with the temporay tiny turbo on it. I tested it yesterday and the but dyno says low 13s instead of the low 12s it was running.:(
I guess it is still better than bringing my POS SRT4.

DC Turismo
06-21-2007, 06:16 PM
My Turismo will be out for the show and perhaps some of the other days as well. Mostly I'll be driving my Daytona Shelby, despite the fact that it has a cracked windshield, door dings, and a paint job going bad from the previous owner. Too bad my CSX isn't running!

GLHSKEN
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
STD SDAC weather moving in.... Things are heating up...

I'll be on the road by 3:00 Tomorrow. 319 miles looks like an easy going 5 hours

Orangetona
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
The Grand Am will most definately be there. :(

cordes
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
My Turismo will be out for the show and perhaps some of the other days as well. Mostly I'll be driving my Daytona Shelby, despite the fact that it has a cracked windshield, door dings, and a paint job going bad from the previous owner. Too bad my CSX isn't running!

Thank goodness I won't be the only one. Although mine is rather horrific.

ETA: I will be replacing my fuel filter, rubber lines, and tidying up anything I can think of tonight and tomorrow so she will have something major break. :p

Tony Hanna
06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, the Spirit still isn't back together, the title to the Sundance is in limbo, and I'm flat broke. Have fun at SDAC everybody. I wish I could make it, but it looks like another one I'm going to have to sit out.:(

crazy1eye
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, Joey & I are heading down on Sunday, his SC is apart & I just got mine bach together so... Maybe my SC, maybe Joe's Intrepid R/T or maybe my '03 Altima SE, don't know yet.

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2007, 10:14 PM
:( (for tony)

the k car is clean (for the most part) and full of tools :) Just gotta put in a jack. I need to tighten my gas tank strap bolts. I noticed they were a little loose the other day. no biggie... its been like that for years lol. hit 24psi out on a back road in 5th gear after winding out 4th and everything is working well. :) I did have a tiny little bit of knock retard in 5th cause the boost spiked a little higher than the setting lol.

Brian

cordes
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, the Spirit still isn't back together, the title to the Sundance is in limbo, and I'm flat broke. Have fun at SDAC everybody. I wish I could make it, but it looks like another one I'm going to have to sit out.:(

That stinks. I know that this is the first year in which work or broken vehicles haven't deterred me from setting out, but I sure won't count my chickens until they are hatched as I roll up to the host hotel.

mcsvt
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Heading out tomorrow between 9 and 10... haven't started the 89 in about a week... :thumb:

Tony, that's too bad :(

I was supposed to stock up tonight, but that didn't happen. I drank it already ;)

Safe trip everybody!

briceturbosports
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll be driviing this with the trailer and GLH-T in tow....

http://a817.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_ffebcf6867f4660fb2dac14654ee9dc0.jpg

the truck or mindy ? :D

slasky
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I just gassed up the SC with some 100 octane and it is all packed up with tools. I just have to load up the tow vehicle and I will be leaving around 4 tomorrow afternoon.

2.216VTurbo
06-22-2007, 01:56 AM

Whoa now, hold on. What you are saying is crazy talk Tony.:confused: You're what, 150-175 miles away from the convention and you have the time off to go right? FWD perf will feed you Saturday night and you can sleep on the floor in my room so get on Greyhound for like $40. and bring your sleeping bag... I'm going to be on a liquid diet myself so you're welcome to join in. Got you covered there too:eyebrows: Don't give up so easily!

Clay
06-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Yeah Tony!!!!! Get your butt over there! we get together because we love the cars, but the real reason to go is for the people!

Im heading out in 30 minutes! :)

turbojerk
06-22-2007, 06:40 AM
the truck or mindy ? :D

Yes!

That's why I'm bringing both......:banaride:

mcsvt
06-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm about to head out myself.

Just making sure I have everything.

turbojerk
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM

See you there….

Look me up tomorrow. I don’t think that we’ve ever met in person….

T

Tony Hanna
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Whoa now, hold on. What you are saying is crazy talk Tony.:confused: You're what, 150-175 miles away from the convention and you have the time off to go right? FWD perf will feed you Saturday night and you can sleep on the floor in my room so get on Greyhound for like $40. and bring your sleeping bag... I'm going to be on a liquid diet myself so you're welcome to join in. Got you covered there too:eyebrows: Don't give up so easily!

Thanks Alan! I really appreciate it. The thing is, I've actually got help this weekend to get the Spirit back together, and I really need to get it back on the road so I can go back to work. The union hall called 3 times last week to send me to work. Funny how I hadn't heard from them for a month before the car came apart.:mad:

I'll be there in spirit (lol) this year, but I'm definitely going to be there in the Spirit next.:thumb: Tiff said she'd schedule vacation for it next year, so even if something comes up with the car, we'll still be able to bring her truck.

Have fun everybody, be safe, and be sure and take plenty of pictures and video.:) .

Orangetona
06-22-2007, 09:49 AM

See you there Gary. We can start Brandens video. I wont be there until late tonight though.

lancer402
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Plans just changed and now I'll be there. But only for one day.
will be driving shelby lancer hybrid.

andy
Chris:

www.geocities.com/shelby16v/engine.JPG

R/T
06-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Plans just changed and now I'll be there. But only for one day.
will be driving shelby lancer hybrid.

andy
Chris:

www.geocities.com/shelby16v/engine.JPG

Andy; what day???? :confused:

slasky
06-23-2007, 01:43 AM
I got here a few hours ago in my saturn vue. Fortunately it was towing my Shelby charger. :)

lancer402
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
R/T

as it turned out I didnt go. my daughter had her wisdom teeth out Friday and she's having trouble. I was going to be there saturday only becasue I have to leave town monday morning on business. sorry I missed the fun.

andy