PDA

View Full Version : 97 Tiburon VS 99-04 Mustang

BARRON
06-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Well last night I am wandering down the back road with about 6-7 garbage bags full of plastic bottles headed to the redemption center,when in my left rear view I spot this red/orange mustang come zipping up on my bumper. It took me a sec but I recognized the car, its a guy that goes to my church.

Now I am not sure of the EXACT year it is,the car looks like a full blown GT, duals/scoop and 5-speed and all but its the V6. Now from what I was told the car works good so I really didnt consider my 130hp tiburon to be ANY competition whatsoever for a 190hp mustang. After he whent flying by and got about 6-7 car lengths ahead I figure.. meh, why not, lets play. I start to wind the hampster up and I remember seeing about 6000rpm in 4th gear, I cant recall looking at the speedo.

Anyway I catch up to him and we slow for a turn off. This turnoff is kinda like a cloverleaf design which takes you up onto an overpass/bridge. Around the cloverleaf I had to let off a couple times to keep from rear ending him. The tiburon holds around .84g's on the skidpad and a mustang is suppose to hold .86 ... the drivers maybe?

The bridge we get onto is also at an incline. We all know that uphill.. torque usually wins.. or sheer lightweight! :) . After we came out of the turn I seen him getting on it hard,as did I. He COULD NOT pull away. I was a bit baffled by this. I think he was too.

I was kinda proud of my ol work beater.. so proud actually that I went home and waxed the car for the first time since I owned it.(About 2.5 months)

Lets have some TIBBY burnout action.. I dont rev it out and dump it either.. TRACTION PLEASE?!!

http://media.putfile.com/tib-burnout

And.. lastly.. lets have some waxed up shots.. and some of the dirty engine bay.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4397/97tibmw1.jpg

QC DSM ESiT
06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Good lord that is a massive air filter, lol. Good job showing those stupid Mustangs that they really aren't anything special. I think it might be time for some upgraded tires on the Tiby. :thumb:

BARRON
06-03-2007, 03:23 PM
The filter is out of a Saab 9000 Turbo. I want to set up a COLD air intake system after a bit..but this does nicely for now.

Yah the tires are Goodyear EAGLEs or something like that, 195/60/14's ..hehe.