PDA

View Full Version : Look What Followed Me Home

2.216VTurbo
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
So I went to Sacramento with a buddy to watch some VW PRA drag racing (that guy that crashed his FastFiat you may have seen on YouTube or PutFile) and while we just happened to be in the nieghborhood, we went to look at a TC. It's a 5spd 16v CAR (big suprise right:rolleyes: ) and the deal kinda went south for 'just the drivetrain' we were gonna load into my buddy's truck. Guy would only sell the whole non running car, fine by me, not so fine with the Wifey. Something about too many cars around our house are an embarrassment for her:o I'm like "Jeeze hon, they're covered up, sheesh!"

Anyway, this is what followed me home. My TC I've been restoring/upgrading for years is an 89 non Airbag car (it's closest to the camera in the pics) the 'new' car is a 90, airbag and it has the little oval Italia sticker on the back.

Here is the trouble. The 90 (new car) is SOOOO MUCH cleaner than my 89 that already has 100's of hours of work into it, the only thing that makes sense is to transplant the engine, trans, axles, shifter, RT brakes, swaybar, upgraded K frame, boost gauge, AF gauge etc etc etc into the new car. No small task here, probably 30-35 hours of work easily:( Still new car is NIIICE campared to the old friend:mecry:

Blue/yellow rail has a Turbo VR6 motor, not quite sorted but high 8's

Red Baron is Eric Calabrese, one of the niceset guys in VW racing and it runs 8.50's and still improving!

Other rail with twin turbos was only on 'tuning' passes, shutting off at 900-1000 foot an 8.0 :wow1: should be low 7's easily. Thast's the Laufer family, they run VW Paradise and have other record setting drag vehicals. Chris just survived a crash that flipped too many times to count and broke three ribs and four other bones and he is back in the driver's seat:thumb: Hardcore racing family, legends in the VW scene...

NeonShowCar
05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Let me know when you need the help, I'd be more then welcome to come over and wrench on it.

GLHNSLHT2
05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Jeeze alan, can't you get another color?? hehe

ShelbyMotorsports
05-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Jeeze alan, can't you get another color?? hehe

Alan likes that old man look:lol:

On a serious note. Are you interested in selling the car without the drivetrain?

LMK as your neighbors are already calling the city about another one of those "damn cars" in your driveway ;)

mcsvt
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I would have tried to loose it in the turns ;)

ShelbyMotorsports
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
On a serious note. Are you interested in selling the car without the drivetrain?

24 hours later and the answer is.............

2.216VTurbo
05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
24 hours later and the answer is.............

Don't have the plan yet but unlikely. I'd like to mothball it with a friend for future use (like if I stuff the 90 in a tree or something:o )

Besides you hate yellow:p

ShelbyMotorsports
05-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Besides you hate yellow:p

No not for me. I'm not really a vert person.

Know someone who is and since you were going to leave the body up north figured it may have worked out.

I'll just wait for your must go sale when those OC zoning laws to catch up to you.

johnl
06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Another "score" for Alan!:thumb:

Xtrempickup
06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
hope the price was a steal, thats a very clean looking 16V very nice, even burl wood knob

2.216VTurbo
06-02-2007, 03:06 AM
hope the price was a steal, thats a very clean looking 16V very nice, even burl wood knob

I'm just trying to keep up with your TC collection...;)

Xtrempickup
06-02-2007, 12:41 PM
you are doing better than me, well, i got 6 vehicles now, cant get anymore til something goes. I do like all my cars. these TCs are neat, being i've driven the white one, I see what the draw is, pretty peppy for a old man's car. that car you got was defiately a clean car and i bet similar in price to my white on i stole