PDA

View Full Version : 180 degree Thermostat

bfarroo
05-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone have a source for a 180 degree thermostat to use in the stratus manifold, and is the stratus thermostat the same as the neon? I thought it would be way easier to find but I'm not comming up with much. Found one on some site but they wanted $25 plus shipping which I though was outrageous for a thermostat.

Speedeuphoria
05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Go to autozone and tell them 98 neon dohc and they have an optional 180 deg for $10. Its a special order and the one store told me that they couldnt even order it, call district manager and they said that they have never sold any and it was future business. The other store in town called me back and said they could have it in 2 days.

So yes they can order them, now I;m not sure but I think its the same stat(from your pics on td.com the filler necks look the same)

bfarroo
05-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Man I swear I looked on both autozone's and advanced's websites and didn't find one on either sites. Now I found it on autozones site as a special order and advanced lists a performance thermostat on their site but it doesn't list the temp. I must have been blind when I was looking for them. I'll have to take a ride down there and check them out. The car runs a little hotter than I'd like, usually up around 205 with the stock 195 T-stat in it. Hopefully this will help. I also need to reinstall the little plastic deflector which I know will help when the car is moving. Then it's time to get some more miles on the car and get it ready for SDAC.

raccoon
05-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Canadian tire has them on the shelf along with the prestone one if you ask the parts guy.