PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 2.2l Turbo1. can anyone help quick?

2point2turbodroptop
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Ok. I believe I've got Vac problems, as the car idles real rough. I know I have a exhaust leak, and oil leak (rear main seal. not a problem, pulling engine back out in a couple of days to fix it)

The Car:
1988 LeBaron convertible with the 2.2l Turbo 1 (no intercooler)

My main problems are:

I am getting:
Error code 13 even though I replaced the MAP sensor,
Error code 26 to do with voltage to the injectors (no idea what I need to do to fix that)

And I am sure I am missing some vac lines that are supposed to be hooked up.

I have 3 pics of the area, this is on the passanger side, near the firewall mounted on the fender and strut tower. Can someone tell me what is supposed to go to where?

The car runs, but idles REAL rough, will stall if I come to too quick a stop, and the turbo isn't doing anything(could this be because of the vac problem or exhaust leak? It felt tight when it was off the car and spun trouble free. it is also my first turbo car EVER, so I don't know whats going on, but I let a mechanic that had a 85 Shelby Daytona drive it, and he couldn't feel the turbo at all, car is slower than a 3 cyl metro.)

The vac line that is connected near the map is now connected to the upper nipple on the top(in picture) because it seemed to idle better and die less.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2628000-2628999/2628415_13_full.jpg

86SilverSC
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
You need to check for vac going to the map seneor and bero,
also on code 26 checkl the wiring hareness on the intake for broken wires
on code 13 it is a vac problem to the bero
check those and check back

turbovanmanČ
05-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Those lines look correct but idle the car, unhook the vacuum line from the baro to the map, it should have 18-20 inches of vacuum, if not, check the feed line, if yes then the solenoid is bad or try reversing the hoses.

Code 26 as stated means a bad connection at the injectors or connector, check for broken wires and corrosion.