PDA

View Full Version : WNY-SDAC June meeting info

1FastCSX289
05-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Mark had a great idea for a club outing.....hitting up the local pick-n-pull for some shelby parts. I thought the June meet would be a good time to do this, right before SDAC-17.....in case we need last minute parts (or spare parts to bring).

Mark says he knows of a place (in Brockport) with several shelby and turbo dodges. I PM'd him for more info. And there is also Auburn pick-n-pull, which would be closer for the Syracuse guys. But, tentatively, I was thinking a Saturday morning would be best (if they're open) because it would be tough to get guys together early enough on a weeknight before the yard closes. We would also be home early enough that it wouldnt kill the day.

I was thinking either June 9th or the 16th (week b/f SDAC-17) from 9-12 or so.... What do you all think?

Aries_Turbo
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
sounds fine to me. there is also horseheads pick-a-part which is the nicest JY ive ever been too. but if mark knows there are td's at the one at brockport then thats good too. is it one that we can walk around in?

Brian

Orangetona
05-20-2007, 12:50 PM
The only problem with the Auburn pick n pull is they rarely have any turbo dodges, if they do they are the older log intake style ones. I havent been there since last year though so im not sure.

jeremyshelby
05-20-2007, 02:06 PM
sounds pretty cool...the auburn one doesn't usually have very much for Td. I know the one in marcy is supposed to be pretty good also except that is a drive for the rochester people.....what is the address of the brockport one.

1FastCSX289
05-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I havent been to Auburn in YEARS. Mark will jump on and share the info on the one in Brockport though. I dont know what it is yet. For the cuse guys, it will be a little over 1.5 hours for you.

jeremyshelby
05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
either place is fine with me.....i know auburn is much closer but i would love to check out a new jy.

slasky
05-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I am in.

1FastCSX289
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Mark gave me the info. I will call and check to make sure we can walk through the yard and also see how many old mopars they have.

Which date is better for everyone?

Orangetona
05-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I *think* the best weekend is the first weekend in June for me. Im not positive though i'll get back to you tomorrow.

1FastCSX289
05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I *think* the best weekend is the first weekend in June for me. Im not positive though i'll get back to you tomorrow.

That would be the weekend of the 2nd-3rd. I cant do it that weekend.

jeremyshelby
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
the ninth is better for me.

iangoround
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah, the auburn yard is fairly nice, but they rarely have anything turbo. if they do its nothing special. most of their dodge stuff is newer, but they always have a hearty supply of caravans and spirit/acclaims.

I wish I had known that the brockport yard has turbo and shelby stuff in it. I live there 9 months out of the year.

Aries_Turbo
05-20-2007, 10:45 PM
cant do the 9th.... wedding anniversary.

Brian

iangoround
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I probably can't do anything that isn't on a Sunday evening or anytime Monday. I don't get crap off for work.

1FastCSX289
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
OK, keep the dates coming. Whatever date the MOST people can make, thats when we'll have it.

Orangetona
05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Wow... our scheduals suck! lol.

After I get out of work today ill report back when I have time off. Im pretty sure I have the weekend off before SDAC.

mark
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
zerniaks is the one that had them, but this was at least 5 years ago, but they had like 5 SC's...

i went to performance once, and it was good.

i think brian has more experience with the pick N pulls

jeremyshelby
05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
weekends are better for me.....I know auburn is open on sundays as well as saturdays. Just let me know what works for everybody.

mark
05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
i am available "almost" anytime and am very flexible.

Orangetona
05-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Lucky.. :D

It looks like the 3rd weekend for me.

1FastCSX289
05-21-2007, 06:55 PM
So far the third weekend in June is looking like its going to be best. Still waiting to hear on a few guys though.

jeremyshelby
05-21-2007, 08:56 PM
third weekend is good for me...also good for a buddy who wants to go look for parts for his jeep.

slasky
05-21-2007, 09:01 PM
cant do the 9th.... wedding anniversary.

Brian
You can bring the wife too.

So is it the weekend of the 16th/17th? If so I might not be able to make it. I guess I will just have to go the weekend before and take all of the good parts.

1FastCSX289
05-21-2007, 10:11 PM

So is it the weekend of the 16th/17th? If so I might not be able to make it. I guess I will just have to go the weekend before and take all of the good parts.

Not necessarily. Looks like most people are voting on the 16th. What do you have going? Can you only do the 9th?

Aries_Turbo
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM

she carried the toolbox two times ago when we went to the junkyard. the last time she went, I just had to get a few tracker parts and we were out the gate in an hour. that was on a mini vacation to corning last fall lol.

yeah the 16th is best for me.

Brian

slasky
05-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Not necessarily. Looks like most people are voting on the 16th. What do you have going? Can you only do the 9th?

My parents will be in town that weekend. I might be able to do the 9th if I don't go up to the 1000 islands.

1FastCSX289
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
My parents will be in town that weekend. I might be able to do the 9th if I don't go up to the 1000 islands.

Tell your rents youre going out for a couple hours on Sat morning. Youll be home by 12:30.

mark
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
either day is good for me, I turn a year older on the 15th, so the 16 would be a good stress reliver.

Orangetona
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Did we make our mind up on which one we're going to?

iangoround
05-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I could do the 17th if it was in the evening. I'm working in Naples this summer and have a 1-5ish day that day, i think. maybe. Could be wrong.

1FastCSX289
05-25-2007, 08:25 AM
I could do the 17th if it was in the evening. I'm working in Naples this summer and have a 1-5ish day that day, i think. maybe. Could be wrong.

I dont think the yard will be open on a Sunday evening.

It looks like the best time for MOST people would be Saturday the 16th in the AM (maybe 9-12). Lets tentatively plan it for then. Slasky, bring your dad along with you (and your mom). Iangoroudn......quit your job.:lol: ;)

jeremyshelby
05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
so will is it gonna be the one in brockport. or the one in auburn....im gonna need directions to the brockport one.

Orangetona
05-25-2007, 07:59 PM
so will is it gonna be the one in brockport. or the one in auburn....im gonna need directions to the brockport one.

Same here.

jeremyshelby
06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
has anyone made any final decisions...the date is approaching fast.

1FastCSX289
06-04-2007, 11:03 AM
We're gonna set the meeting for Saturday the 16th at 9 AM. The place is still up in the air. I called both Performance Auto and Zerniaks. Both indicated that they had 80s/90s Chrysler products out in the yard. When I questioned what they had specifically, I got the old "you'll have to come out and look".

So, If I had to pick, I would say Performance auto because the guy was a LITTLE nicer on the phone. Other than that, im open for votes or suggestions. If people dont care, lets just go to Performance.

Here is some info on the two I called about:

http://www.performanceparts104.com/

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Zerniaks.Auto.Parts.585-637-3392

jeremyshelby
06-04-2007, 11:23 AM
sounds fine to me....are they gonna charge us to get in and look around like most places...if so how much???

slasky
06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I am going to be in Canada Friday and Saturday so I can't make it.

jeremyshelby
06-04-2007, 12:39 PM
well have a rickards red for me while your up there.

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I cant make it either...:(

Its either SDAC or this meeting lol. So SDAC it is.

1FastCSX289
06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Ahh.....you guys. :( Lets get at least 5 or 6 of us out there. Who's in for sure? C'mon....couple hours on a Saturday morning. Whoever doesnt make it will be buying their parts from those of who do!!:lol:

jeremyshelby
06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
i will be there...and most likely bringing one friend.

Orangetona
06-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Id love to be there but I need to work 8-5 that day... they decided to put me on every weekend until SDAC...

Originally I had the weekend off.

Aries_Turbo
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
im in. it will get me up. after that ill be putting my car back together and getting it ready for SDAC.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
im in. it will get me up. after that ill be putting my car back together and getting it ready for SDAC.

Brian

You know the 16th is in TWO weeks, right? You should be driving the K-car by then, no? Or is the machine shop taking a long time?

Aries_Turbo
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
i should have the head back sometime this week but its my wedding anniversary this weekend so no time for the car then so I might have the head and manifolds reassembled by the end of the week and then I wont have time to try to pop it back on till prolly monday. It might be running by the 16th but I dunno.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
i should have the head back sometime this week but its my wedding anniversary this weekend so no time for the car then so I might have the head and manifolds reassembled by the end of the week and then I wont have time to try to pop it back on till prolly monday. It might be running by the 16th but I dunno.

Brian

Gotcha. As long as its ready for SDAC, thats the important thing.

Ive got to get a hold of my trailer sometime soon here. Did you get the daytona off of it yet?

Aries_Turbo
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah I had the daytona off of it like an hour after you left. its sitting here in my yard. i still have to get you that safety pin thing.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah I had the daytona off of it like an hour after you left. its sitting here in my yard. i still have to get you that safety pin thing.

Brian

Do you have any way of getting that thing up to Henrietta one evening? Maybe you could meet my wife where she works. That would make it a lot easier for us and henrietta is a lot closer to you than webster. Or maybe you have a way to bring it out on the 16th? Does your tracker have a hitch ball?

Aries_Turbo
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
i have no way of transporting that thing. tracker doesnt have a hitch nor a ball.... :( sorry.

Brian

mark
06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
saturday saturday saturday!

bring tools, crappy clothes, and wasp spray!

-Mark

1FastCSX289
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
saturday saturday saturday!

bring tools, crappy clothes, and wasp spray!

-Mark

Next saturday, right? The 16th. Thats the day we decided on correct?

mark
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
you are most correct...

I had a grey hair moment.

Orangetona
06-08-2007, 01:24 PM
LOL...

Too bad I cant make it. :( Next time though. Like I said its SDAC or this.

Orangetona
06-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Ugh.. stupid double posting.

jeremyshelby
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
so is everyone ready for this saturday....

1FastCSX289
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
so is everyone ready for this saturday....

Yea, we need to pick a place. I say we do performance auto. Anyone?

jeremyshelby
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
fine me with can you pm me some good directions .....also let me know if your gonna need the head...we can work something out.

Aries_Turbo
06-11-2007, 03:42 PM
perf auto is fine by me. zerniaks is right down the road as well i think (if thats the one im thinking of) and bergen auto recycling is 15 min away as well.

if one sucks, we can hit the others.

Brian

mark
06-11-2007, 03:48 PM
sweet... dude...

what does mine say!

i'm all in!

1FastCSX289
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Heres the link to the yard.

Ive never been there. Maybe someone who has can post some directions, otherwise, I we can all mapquest it.

Lets get there at 9AM. We can stay as late as we want (or until they will let us). Ive got to be home by 12-12:30 at the latest so I will duck out then. Im sure most people dont want to kill the day.

jeremyshelby
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah i have to duck out around 11 so i can get back home by 1.....mapquest is saying take the thruway from the cuse.....is that the quickest or does anyone think there is a quicker way.

1FastCSX289
06-12-2007, 12:56 PM
yeah i have to duck out around 11 so i can get back home by 1.....mapquest is saying take the thruway from the cuse.....is that the quickest or does anyone think there is a quicker way.

Tough call. I run between Syracuse and Rochester all the time. I usually take 370W to 104W to Webster. Its about 15 minutes faster than the t-way and theres no toll. But, thats to Webster. Brockport may be a different story. Brockport is a 30-40 minute ride further west from me.

1FastCSX289
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Just a reminder!!!

We meet tomorrow, 9AM at Performance Auto. Bring a bunch of tools and some crappy clothes and get ready to find some sweet TM stuff.

So far I think theres 4 of us going. Myself, aries_turbo, jeremyshelby, and mark. If anyone else is interested PM me so we can wait up in the parking lot for everyone to get there. I also have the chapter agreement that many of you wanted to see, so we'll look at that and sign it up so we can be official.

slasky
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
I am going today to get all of the good stuff.

Orangetona
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I am going today to get all of the good stuff.

Cheater. :p

mark
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=LgfwmjSWcQgC9n442Nhqcw%3d%3d&longitude=6Hk69dSQSNoBgGQCOywbrg%3d%3d&name=PERFORMANCE%20Auto%20Parts&country=US&address=2069%20Drake%20Rd&city=Brockport&state=NY&zipcode=14420&phone=585%2d637%2d5000&spurl=0&&q=performance%20auto%20parts&qc=Auto%20Parts%2dUsed%2fRebuilt%20%28Whol%29

Orangetona
06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
How did it go? Anyone get anything good?

Aries_Turbo
06-16-2007, 11:51 PM
well sorta....

performance auto doesnt have alot of stuff from our era. handful of cars. guys there have a great attitude though and were totally cool.

then we headed to zerniaks. guy says "whatcha lookin for" and we say old dodges so he sends us in the yard to look around. there are tons of cars. like 50+. only 2 turbos though but one was an unmolested dodge 600 87 T1. so I grabbed some k car grille stuff and sean grabbed a center console and the rear deck cover for a shadow, a rampage window and a 93 shadow es front bumper (better than the 89 thats on the csx now). so then we headed across the yard to see if there were any 3.8L caravans with the 58mm TB. nope...

so then one of the guys that works there comes buzzing up to us on a 4wheeler and starts giving us crap about leaving the dodge section and going over to the trucks without asking first. so we were like WTF? we have to ask... oh well, no biggie. so then we go back to get our stuff at the one shadow we stashed it in and the guy comes up to us again hassling sean about the rampage window saying "that better not have come from a good door, you cant take it if the door isnt smashed or rusted." so whatever, we head to pay and leave.

this is when the fun began. the guy highballed us big time. he wanted 50$ for a k car grille and headlight bezels. he wanted to charge sean 80 for the few little things that he had. and when we tried to barter he said "ill smash the stuff right in front of you" so I said "whatever, im leaving my stuff here." plus I didnt have cash and they dont take cards.

sean then tried to wheel and deal and the guy was such an assface that he wouldnt come down 5$. so then sean gave him a tongue lashing. that guy needed a beatdown. what a clown. they have one of the best selections of TD's around but the worst attitude ive ever seen. fags.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Yea, I felt bad for you guys that had to see me go "off" on that jerk. (I had some real choice words for him). It takes a lot to really piss me off, so that speaks to how big of jerks these guys were. Ive not seen such bad business in a REALLY long time. Its like they had it out for us, but we were totally minding our own business. We were even pretty nice in spite of the fact that we were being treated like crap (well, up until the point that I called the guy out on his threat to "smash all the parts".....and then called him a bunch of names). I cant believe that these guys stay in business with the way they treat people.

Anyways, thats not usually the way I handle situations like that, but I really felt that a good toungue lashing was deserved by these guys (and I was just the crazy to do it :D ).

Next time we'll go to Brian's yard!

Orangetona
06-17-2007, 08:07 AM
well sorta....

performance auto doesnt have alot of stuff from our era. handful of cars. guys there have a great attitude though and were totally cool.

then we headed to zerniaks. guy says "whatcha lookin for" and we say old dodges so he sends us in the yard to look around. there are tons of cars. like 50+. only 2 turbos though but one was an unmolested dodge 600 87 T1. so I grabbed some k car grille stuff and sean grabbed a center console and the rear deck cover for a shadow, a rampage window and a 93 shadow es front bumper (better than the 89 thats on the csx now). so then we headed across the yard to see if there were any 3.8L caravans with the 58mm TB. nope...

so then one of the guys that works there comes buzzing up to us on a 4wheeler and starts giving us crap about leaving the dodge section and going over to the trucks without asking first. so we were like WTF? we have to ask... oh well, no biggie. so then we go back to get our stuff at the one shadow we stashed it in and the guy comes up to us again hassling sean about the rampage window saying "that better not have come from a good door, you cant take it if the door isnt smashed or rusted." so whatever, we head to pay and leave.

this is when the fun began. the guy highballed us big time. he wanted 50$ for a k car grille and headlight bezels. he wanted to charge sean 80 for the few little things that he had. and when we tried to barter he said "ill smash the stuff right in front of you" so I said "whatever, im leaving my stuff here." plus I didnt have cash and they dont take cards.

sean then tried to wheel and deal and the guy was such an assface that he wouldnt come down 5$. so then sean gave him a tongue lashing. that guy needed a beatdown. what a clown. they have one of the best selections of TD's around but the worst attitude ive ever seen. fags.

Brian

Really... oh my lord what a retard. Hes probably like that because he works at a junkyard LOL. I know its far away and there is a chance of not having TDs but the place in auburn has excellent prices, and the guys arent complete arses.

On a sidenote, who all was there? Sorry I couldnt make it.

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Really... oh my lord what a retard. Hes probably like that because he works at a junkyard LOL. I know its far away and there is a chance of not having TDs but the place in auburn has excellent prices, and the guys arent complete arses.

On a sidenote, who all was there? Sorry I couldnt make it.

It was Brian, Mark, Jeremy and I. Jeremy left before all the fun began though. Good thing for him.;)

slasky
06-17-2007, 11:07 AM
He probably just gave you a hard time because you two are Gazers.

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 11:13 AM
He probably just gave you a hard time because you two are Gazers.

No he heard that we were friends with you.

jeremyshelby
06-17-2007, 12:32 PM
i walked out and never paid for the 52mm TB so i guess im glad i didn't. oh wel;...I will check out the yard by my work for a 58 mm TB and see what they have. IM also gonna check out that Ben and Son sometime that sean was telling me about.

Orangetona
06-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Sean, you definately dont seem like the type of person to go off, so I can see how bad these guys were.

I think the title of gazer has been stolen and those guys are the culprits. lmao.

1FastCSX289
06-17-2007, 10:01 PM
i walked out and never paid for the 52mm TB so i guess im glad i didn't. oh wel;...I will check out the yard by my work for a 58 mm TB and see what they have. IM also gonna check out that Ben and Son sometime that sean was telling me about.

They asked about you and what you had when you left. SHould have told him you were carrying an LS6 vette motor.

On a side note if anyone wants to call these morons for fun, ask for a passengers side window out of an 84 Rampage. Tell them youre REALLY need one and are willing to pay whatever they want even if you have to buy the whole door to get it. It would be funny if they got about 10 calls about that window and it wasnt in the Rampage anymore. :lol: It would be even funnier if the guy actually smashed it after we left.

585-637-3392

mark
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
sean, i had to work on the other side of the city at our co-lo spot this afternoon, your shadow console is in my garage. I am working on that side of town tomorrow as well. i can get it to you wed? is that ok, and your $15 of change too :)

1FastCSX289
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
sean, i had to work on the other side of the city at our co-lo spot this afternoon, your shadow console is in my garage. I am working on that side of town tomorrow as well. i can get it to you wed? is that ok, and your $15 of change too :)

Oh sweet. Wednesday would be great. That will give me thursday to get it painted up and in my car for SDAC. Thanks for the help!!!!