PDA

View Full Version : Need a daytona body

jre97
05-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I need a body to put the engine/trans out of my 88 daytona in. It's really rusty and would take alot of tlc to fix the floors. I would like one that is not totally rusted but a small hole in the floor is ok. Preferably a titled shell or at least one I can cut the floor pans out of worse case scenario. As close to marietta Ohio as I can get.

85shelbycharger
05-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Check this out:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14533

Orangetona
05-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Hes seen that because hes replied in that thread. ;)

jre97
05-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I actually just got off the phone and I'm gonna go look at them sometime this week when our schedules don't conflict.

moparman76_69
05-20-2007, 07:14 PM
so did he say he'd split them up?

jre97
05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah he said he'd split them up but only one of them has a clear title. The one I'm interested in is going to invlove tracking down the original owner or the person that has signed the back of the title to get a clear title. He doesn't know either person.

mo' parts
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
i have an 88 that need some work. no engine or trans. it was scuffed on the pass side, but i have all the parts to replace the damaged ones. you can see some picts here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/573283/2
lmk if interested, the underneath is not horrible in anyway, but shows its age.
i can try to get some picts of the underside if needed, just will need a few days as its up north. it does have a clear ohio title.

moparman76_69
05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah he said he'd split them up but only one of them has a clear title. The one I'm interested in is going to invlove tracking down the original owner or the person that has signed the back of the title to get a clear title. He doesn't know either person.

which one are you getting?

jre97
05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Well I don't know. I would really like the 88 without a motor or trans. but it really depends on whether or not I can get the title straightened out.

WickedShelby88
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I've got an 88 shelby Z. motor and trans are out. Its black with t-tops and camel interior. The interior is an 8 out of 10. Its really a nice car and I'd like to see it go to a good home. Everything worked when I took it apart. The floor has a very fixeable hole where the ebrake cable is but the other side and rest of the car is really good for a midwest car. Its even got a B and M shift handle I tapped out for the shifter and is polished. Still have t-top key and all manuals. I can include a 12 button navigator that needs buttons but powers up as well. Its a great car that just needs the parts you already stated. I have a clean indiana title for it as well. The plate on it is current and I've kept it that way. I would like 400 out of it. Some pics are in my gallery and I will get more.

Joseph

jre97
05-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Well this weekend on the long weekend I'm going to look at the one locally and get the name of the person who signed the title to see if I can track them down or the original owner. I'm also going to strip my interior and assess the effort necessary to fix the rust. Then after weighing my options make a decision. It just bothers me that I went to jack it up the other day and the rear jack point almost went through the floor.