PDA

View Full Version : Four in one night!

2.216VTurbo
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Must be the warm weather but everyone with a quick car felt like challenging the TC yesterday. And the TC is always up for a small pull to the speed limit:lol:

Started after work about 4pm an Audi S6 is playing catch up in traffic and just as we get to the loooong interstate 5 freeway onramp he pulls alongside. He had a bit of momentum from his slingshot move so I didn't quite wait until he was even but nailed it when he was 1/2 car back in second. Some wheelspin but not enough to pedal it so I stay in it and we're even now. Third gear shift he gets 1/4 car on me but the real meat and potatoes for the 16V motor with the teeny little stock IHI turbo is in the revs above 5K. When I get there I make up the deficit and put like 1/8 car on him. Fourth gear, (best gear in the TC because the clutch still wont hold fifth:( ) I ooze past him and by top of fourth (like 110 with the hybrid 523 gearset and 60 series tires) I have him by a full car and decide I've had enough. He of course stays in it until he has like 20 cars on me:p

Like 20 minutes later I hear some subs boomin out bass and there are two hip hoppers in a Hemi 300C with dubs and exhaust etc. We get a second thru fourth gear pull and that thing was pretty damn quick! Didn't stay with me like the Audi but I only had them by a couple cars... So like two minutes later I am entering the 133 toll road in Laguna beach and so is an SRT 8 Charger. Intercooler is probably still too hot to touch but would it really mater:o ? He spanked me by 4-5 cars before too long. Still he gave me the thumbs up when I did catch up. Somehow losing isn't so bad when the other guy is cool about it...

Then at the dinner meeting I was on my way to when the first three races happened, the client (who isn't really a car guy but knows I am) is telling me about his new supercharged Range Rover. We talk about it a bit and have our meal while we bond. (I need to make some $$$ off this guy remember:D ) When we leave we look over his new Rover, he put some really nice five spokes on it that are 22" but look great on that rig, not too shiny, nice gun metal color, and a Borla exhaust. The freeway is a ways away from the resturaunt and I am actually kind of suprised that two miles later he pulls up next to me at a light. I am kind of zoning a bit and didn't even notice until someone yells out "Race you for pinks!" I politely decline saying his pink slip is worth many times what mine is and I try to laugh it off buyt it's a long --- light and he is kind of goading me into it WTF, why not:evil: I must have had the best launch ever in the TC, almost no wheelspin and a great forward surge. The Rover is making a really sweet sound with the supercharger and full boil and if I can actually hear it over the strait thru exhaust on the Masi, it's LOUD! Second gear and his torque advantage is fading... Easily a full car length on him by third and I am thinking it would be wise to not embarrass the client and his new toy so I lift a bit and let him catch up and oooze past. The look on his face was pure joy as he 'won' I'm thinking I'll be getting that business...

SebringLX
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I guess his business must be worth more than his Range Rover was, lol. You mean you couldn't come up with some way to take his ride and his business? lol

mcsvt
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like you had a fun night.

Those SRT-8's are so quick in stock form!

johnl
05-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Alan - you're lookin for it. They ain't challngn ya. It's YOU.:lol:

Most people who drive subs and SRT-8s and AudiS6s don't even have the very least teeny tiny wiff of a notion of what they are dealing with. All they know is some guy in a clean yellow cream colored mid 80s vert jlookin thing just woop'd em.

As you leave they're straining to figure out that logo "What the heck kind of car was that?"

Good stuff.:thumb:

GLHSKEN
05-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Fun night!!