PDA

View Full Version : What are my Choices

Mike_Shepard
05-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Recently I got a decent ford thundercoupe turbo off a 2.3 it has the 60 cold side and 63 hot side. Now I know I cannot use the hot side on my car with out mods but is this turbo of any use for our cars?

I was thinking about having the stock T2 housing bored out to fit the ford Comp wheel and get a chrysler exhaust side in a 63 and have it all put in the chrysler center section but im not sure if all this is 1 going to work 2 even worth the time.

I've got a P&P'd in/ex head with 1mm OS valves 52mm tb polished and a SRT I/C along with other gadgets

Chris W
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Recently I got a decent ford thundercoupe turbo off a 2.3 it has the 60 cold side and 63 hot side. Now I know I cannot use the hot side on my car with out mods but is this turbo of any use for our cars?

I was thinking about having the stock T2 housing bored out to fit the ford Comp wheel and get a chrysler exhaust side in a 63 and have it all put in the chrysler center section but im not sure if all this is 1 going to work 2 even worth the time.

I've got a P&P'd in/ex head with 1mm OS valves 52mm tb polished and a SRT I/C along with other gadgets

If you have gone to the +1mm valves the Ford wheel wouldn't be the best choice. Go to a Turbonetics Super 60 to take advantage of the larger valves.

Chris-TU

mo' parts
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
mike, spend the money, lol. do it once and do it right.
isnt that little voice in your head still saying, e-bay, e-bay.:D

cordes
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
You could always throw on a chrysler hotside and see where it gets you. If you aren't happy with that give Chris a buzz and he will hook you up. :thumb: