PDA

View Full Version : Springs vs Coilovers

show-off
01-30-2006, 11:43 AM
What is the difference in them performance wise. I am going with Koni's all the way around, but I am not sure on the springs/coilovers.

http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/Category.asp?IDCatalog=46&txtCatalog=Suspension%20::%20Springs

Eibach springs kit is $239 & coilovers would be $480. Is it worth the extra money for coilovers?

Force Fed Mopar
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I vot for coil-overs, you're gonna need them, especially with your next upgrade.

DodgeZ
01-30-2006, 11:53 AM
just the springs aren't adjustable. coil overs are. You can adjust your ride hight and if you want you can just out springs to go softer or harder.

How did you get your prices? I didn't think cindy sold coil-overs for the p-body.

show-off
01-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I guess it doesn't specify on her site...does it.

5sp. mini
01-31-2006, 12:27 AM
i removed a set of coil overs from a 2000 neon . being a front end guy thank set scared me for a d/d i woumd not do it maybe for a race or weekend only but they just seem unsafe to me . i wound get custom springs to lower or cut a ring off . thats my 02, AL

DodgeZ
01-31-2006, 10:02 AM
i removed a set of coil overs from a 2000 neon . being a front end guy thank set scared me for a d/d i woumd not do it maybe for a race or weekend only but they just seem unsafe to me . i wound get custom springs to lower or cut a ring off . thats my 02, AL

Say what?

turbovanmanČ
01-31-2006, 05:56 PM

I am with Kevin, say what?

5sp. mini
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
a customer had a 2000 neon. He wanted to remove his coil over kit and install factory springs and struts. So when removing the struts on the car to reuse top mounts i found, that the coil over mounts and springs did not seem to fit as well as the original equitment. Thats why in my oppinion the coilovers don't make a good daily driver setup. ALS :)

turbovanmanČ
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
You have to remember ALs, with EBAY, there's so much cheap sh*t that will fit on anything.

They also road race with coilovers so there safe, if you get the correct ones. :amen:

5sp. mini
01-31-2006, 08:42 PM
ya it used the old strut and had allen head bolts holding this thing to the sturt. the springs were not tight . sort off like the old days when they cut the L body springs to lower them. it took four guy,s to hold them inplace when you lower the car off the rack.AL

DodgeZ
01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
the e-bay coil over kits are one size fits all.

Those are real neon coil overs
http://www.mopar.com/m_perf_subcat2Check.jsp?SubSubSubGrpID=592&dummy5=1138756769113

Omnious
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
I say +1 for the coil overs.

you can adjust them unlike the stock springs that are just there. Only down side to them that i see is, if you have your car lowered with them, there is a chance of the suspension over extending and the spring coming off of the perch, Not sure what the effects would be as this has not happened to me. The quality of the parts are really nice I would suggest them

5sp. mini
02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
sorrey abount that just going by what i had seen if they are more like the mono shock on my 82 GPZ550 then that would be alot safer to run. AL

J&H Ryan
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I say +1 for the coil overs.

you can adjust them unlike the stock springs that are just there. Only down side to them that i see is, if you have your car lowered with them, there is a chance of the suspension over extending and the spring coming off of the perch, Not sure what the effects would be as this has not happened to me. The quality of the parts are really nice I would suggest them
But you have an Omni - I didn't think they made coilovers for the others. I'm about to buy a full Koni/Eibach setup of std units.