PDA

View Full Version : S60 Smec

vcrpro3
05-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Got a S60 smec. Engine is 2.5,.040 forged pistons, 'Alabamaman' header,port matched intake/exhaust, 2-1/2 exhaust, early 88 roller cam, upgraded TU T-II turbo with a TU60 series compressor upgrade,ADJ fpr, 255 Walbro,+20 injectors,have to get 3 bar map, A555 in a 'J' body. 91 octane with up to 10% ethanol is what's avail here, but intend to run with a mix of race gas whenever possible (used to have Sunoco 94 back in Cleveland--before i got into turbo cars!!!) ??why out here (Phoenix) do we have lower octane fuels where with the hot weather cars run hotter and are more prone to detonation than cars back east with milder weather????
Could i use this SMEC at the 14psi setting---maybe 18psi with some tweaking? Not going to see much WOT with this car, but i do tend to get a little wild sometimes out on the interstate when i come across someone that thinks only they in their Vette,Ferrari,whatever can cruise at 100+ mph. :confused:

tryingbe
05-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I can see problems coming now.

S60 semc is design for 2.2L and +40 injectors. Most importantly, S60 semc does NOT use o2 feedback, so the semc will not be adjusting anything for you. I hope you have a wideband and/or EGT

So sum up,
1. You're not going have enough fuel.
2. You're gong to have too much advance on the spark for a 2.5L.
3. Your computer is preset, it will not adjust for any feedbacks because it doesn't read any feedbacks.

JDAWG
05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I can see problems coming now.

S60 semc is design for 2.2L and +40 injectors. Most importantly, S60 semc does NOT use o2 feedback, so the semc will not be adjusting anything for you. I hope you have a wideband and/or EGT

So sum up,
1. You're not going have enough fuel.
2. You're gong to have too much advance on the spark for a 2.5L.
3. Your computer is preset, it will not adjust for any feedbacks because it doesn't read any feedbacks.

thats what i was going to say. That puter was mad for a 2.2, the spark advance is way more than a 2.5 could ever stand

mo' parts
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
this a race only computer(for a 2.2 like mentioned), many have tried them on the street w/proper mods, and have had less than stellar results.
it would actually load up on mine and nearly flood it out to the point it wouldnt start without setting for a while. with no changes other than a stage 5 fwd cal, things were good.
its an excellent choice for a night at the track with good octane.:thumb:
i would find a cal thats a little closer to your mods and needs.

vcrpro3
05-13-2007, 04:55 PM
If i only could find someone to write a cal to my specs.......
Guess i'll sell or trade off the S60 then...
Oh well, there's always the ' G-valves'.

mw6886
05-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I can do a cal for you to your specs.

Send me an email shelby22t at gmail.com

gvare001
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I can do a cal for you to your specs.

Can you help me out with a calibration?
My car is D-Cal ready with a flashable setup. Let me know, so I could post my specs.