PDA

View Full Version : SRT vs Conquest vs Twin t-bird IC's...

ShadowFromHell
05-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Hey guys

I just picked up a 89 T2 tona, and from my past experince with these cars I know I need to ditch the stock IC. The problem is that I am in the middle of buying a house and am trying to do this by spending little money.

here are my options, and these are the options because I already own the IC's. lol

Stock srt, looks like a good unit but I think it would be hard to do without removing the a/c and I dont want to do that.

Conquest IC, its smaller then the srt unit, but looks much easier to mount. I know alot of the honda guys like this IC but I plan on running at least 18psi, they dont.

Twin turbo coupe IC's, these would be in parallel and I think they will be my best bet, but alot more complex then the other units. The good thing is the tona has tones of room to make this work.

Let me know what you guys would do... thanks!

TonaChris
05-12-2007, 03:36 AM
I have the srt unit in my daytona. Its a nice peice for an oem part. I dont have the a/c hooked up in my car, and I cant remember if I left the pump on :p but im almost positive my i/c piping doesnt interfere with the a/c. 18 psi through the srt i/c is totally fine.

puppet
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I had an SRT IC in an '89 daytona with the A/C intact. The piping just clears the edges. One downside ... probably only one ... is the routing the pipe has to take on the passenger side. Too many 90's for my taste.

I vote the dual in parallel. It'll be a tight fit too but the routing is more linear if you plan it out well.

tryingbe
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey guys

I just picked up a 89 T2 tona, and from my past experince with these cars I know I need to ditch the stock IC. The problem is that I am in the middle of buying a house and am trying to do this by spending little money.

Get the house first, mod the car later.

ShadowFromHell
05-13-2007, 01:26 PM
What fun is that? Besides, the new house doesnt have a shop and its the middle of racing season!

I acutaly took some measurements, and I THINK im going to be able to stuff the air/water IC ($300 piece) i bought for my shadow into the nose. I love how daytonas have so much room!