PDA

View Full Version : when will i run out of fuel?

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
im runnin a 2.5l mitsu automatic. srt intercooler and a no cat side exit exaust. if i bypass my map sensor, at what psi will i need more fuel. and what is the max boost for a mitsu. i know the garret is better but i want to run this turbo cause it works just fine...for now.

thanks
kyle

Tony Hanna
05-11-2007, 11:32 PM
im runnin a 2.5l mitsu automatic. srt intercooler and a no cat side exit exaust. if i bypass my map sensor, at what psi will i need more fuel. and what is the max boost for a mitsu. i know the garret is better but i want to run this turbo cause it works just fine...for now.

thanks
kyle

It depends on how close to cutout you can get your cutout raiser set. The closer the better to take advantage of that last little bit of fuel the computer will add. Usually 15-16 is doable before having to add fuel, but not always. That's why a narrowband a/f gauge (at the very least, wideband would be better) is mandatory. You see the 9th light go out and you know it's time to add fuel.
I've seen 23 psi out of a Mitsu, but that's really pushing things, and making alot of hot air. 18-20 is probably a more reasonable upper limit.