PDA

View Full Version : code 24 (TPS)

Tony Hanna
05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Shortly after I got the Spirit running, the check engine light came on and I had a look at the codes to see what was going on. Aside from the normal 12 and 55, it was throwing 24 (TPS). I pulled the TPS and tested it with an analog ohm meter, and it appeared to be ok. The needle sweep moved smoothly in relation to the movement of the TPS without jumping, or falling off. At that point I cleaned the connector on the sensor and the plug on the wiring harness and reinstalled it. After that, no more problems until today.
Today I tackled some much overdue vacuum line replacement (I was working around the throttlebody), and after finishing that, started the car. The CEL was on immediately, and a quick check of the codes showed that it's a 24 again.

Any thoughts on this? Should I just throw a new TPS on it and see if that fixes it, or should I be looking more toward the connection/wiring?
Thanks,
Tony

Tony Hanna
05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Nevermind.
It's a bad connection at the plug. I just shoved on the plug, reset the codes, and now it's fine again. Maybe I can bend the pins to make a little better contact...