PDA

View Full Version : Forum order question

mcsvt
05-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Ebay & Ad's section...

Opinion to follow:
I think it should be moved to the For Sale section and used only for when members are selling things or when members want other members to know about something for sale that somebody might be interested in purchasing.

I don't think every ebay auction/ad should be placed in it if a member is pointing out something to joke about, comment on or... well not actually be promoting a sale. This should be left in the lounge for all to go wild with.

It doesn't really affect me since I use the "New Posts" link at the top of the page and see all messages. But it just doesn't flow right for me when I do go to the forum list.

Just my opinion. Anybody else care?

Tony Hanna
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
It doesn't really bother me because I use the new posts and today's posts functions also, but your idea makes sense.

BadAssPerformance
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
we would two 'ebay & ads' forums then, one for real stuff, one for BS... sounds like more pain than gain.

I guess my vote woul dbe that any member selling stuff should promote it to the community BEFORE ebay,and then their FOR SALE section post woul dbe established in the for sale section and if it did not sell then they could post their ebay or craigslist or whatever add in their for sale thread....

Tony Hanna
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
we would two 'ebay & ads' forums then, one for real stuff, one for BS... sounds like more pain than gain.

I think what Gary was getting at is to have 1 "ebay and ads" forum for serious stuff only in the for sale section. The funny/OT/BS stuff could then go in the lounge (no extra forum).

mcsvt
05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks Tony. That's exactely what I was saying. It's more a flow issue then anything.

BadAssPerformance
05-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Gothcha... hmmm...

Did I mention we should sell stuff on TM first? ;)

mcsvt
05-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree on that one. I barely sell on ebay, actually I may have sold 2-3 items in 7+ years.

As for the section positioning I was just trying to get a dialog going on it. For people that come in and look at the forum list the current setup isn't optimal. If you are interested in an auction type item you have to sort through items people weren't actually promoting the sale of to find things that you may actually be interested in buying... It just seems like we could seperate it out a bit which would lower the amount of threads moved from the Lounge.

Just ideas :D

turbovanmanČ
05-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree to disagree. The only issue I see is that we have to go over every Ebay ad to make sure its yours-sellers and not just some random link.

ShelbyMotorsports
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree with Gary. Currently there is a 87 GLHS on ebay that if a discussion were started it would need to be in the lounge because of the comments that would be posted. Once you see this highly owner modified GLHS you'll understand.

What if the current ebay section was used for auctions by TM members and the lounge for all other ebay auctions?

A perfect example would be those auctions for "blowers" & "chips" which are nothing more than scam auctions for a bilge vent blower or a Radio Shack resistor. Seems to me that those type of auctions belong in the lounge and not promoted in the ebay section.