PDA

View Full Version : Who can help this guy with $$ who wants 3.0 mods?

2.216VTurbo
05-08-2007, 01:00 AM
So I am at the TC Maserati nationals and there are a surprising amount of 'performance minded' 3.0 V6 enthusiasts. I was the featured speaker for the 'performance' sessions. Had a guy stand up from Florida, no computer access (theseare older folks remember) and he wants some more power... Has the $$ and the desire, where would you guys send him to get what he wants????

Though I am in TM I don't know know much about the 3.0's. Phone numbers of hwere he could get parts/service in Florida would be preferred...

Thanks guys I told him I would check on it...

turbovanmanČ
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I have some RV and race cams, :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Not sure he is gonna dig that far into the motor, he says he is 'bolt on' capable though...

Are there some easy ones other than exhaust and a larger TB, I told him about those two already:)

Wink
05-09-2007, 12:36 PM
well, what all do you want out of the motor?

As far as "bolt-ons", there are plenty you can choose from. But the big gain items will require a bit of fabrication and getting inside your motor.

52-58mm throttle body
Cold Air Intake with K&N filter
Solid bobble strut (5 speed)
Shifter bushings (5 speed)
Poly or solid motor/transmission mounts
Ford Mustang coil (relocated to front of plenum and short primary wire)
Cap/Rotor with brass contacts
8-10mm ignition wires
NGK V-Power plugs
Underdrive pulley
Synthetic oil
Turbo or supercharger (lots of frabrication)
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Throttle body and intake spacers
Adjustable cam pulleys
Stand alone ECU

Interior mods:

10:1 Diamante pistons (or any custom)
Shave the heads
Diamante Cams
Crank scraper
Port & polish intake
Port & polish Heads
3 or 5 angle valve job
Transgo shift kit (automatic)

There are many more. And the only thing that matters is how much you want to spend?

turbovanmanČ
05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Forgot, have the Aurora plug wires also, ;)

TurbododgePirate
05-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Alan, Tell him he should buy my aluminum underdrive pulley for $100 + ship before some other enthusiast does :)

2.216VTurbo
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey thanks for the comprehensive list Wink. I'll let him know, of course I have to call the phone nmber he gave me because he says he is too old to learn how to use a computer:( I'll also let him know about the pulley you have TDP. Thanks guys

TopDollar69
05-09-2007, 09:51 PM
I think the aluminum Fidenza flywheel also works on the 3.0L.

Vigo
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
if i was starting with a stock 3.0 car, assume 604 because of there being more of them, here's what id do:

Advance timing!

CAI +52mm TB. This is basically one mod imo.

Exhaust: depends on where (rpm) he wants to make power. if he just wants some more low rpm power (seems some older folks are anti-rpm) id leave it alone, maybe stick a muffler on it. Id personally go 2.5" with high flow or no cat, and straight through muffler. yes, it will be loud. cry me a river. :P You can buy the catback pipes from fwdp iirc and the stock downpipe is already 2.5" to the stock cat.

UDP: a big gain on these cars

lighter and possibly shorter wheels/tires. this is also a huge one, depending on how much weight/gearing difference you are willing to go (pay) for.

You said he was asking for 'bolt-ons' so thats about where id stop with what i consider bolt-on power mods. theres a bunch of other dinky little things you can tinker with but most of those are 'i have nothing better to do' mods imo lol.

ive seen a few examples of 3.0/auto cars going low 15s with those mods, so its a decently quick car at that point. you're in the same ballpark as yukons, tahoes, escalades, and tundras at that point.. so thats gotta count for something.

Wink
05-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Well, if he's in FL, depending on which part, he can get up with Reaper1. He has a very "unique" daytona. His daytona was originally owned by Rick Lozier. And it has some very high end modification to it. Most of the modification came from RPW, a well known company in "Aussie Land" that makes plenty of stuff for the mitsubishi motors.

If I recall, that 3.0L made about 240hp naturally asperated. And over 400hp with the bottle.

That alone proves that if you have enough money, anything can be made fast.