PDA

View Full Version : '91 Spirit R/T AC parts question

Tony Hanna
05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
One of the previous owners of my Spirit removed everything for the air conditioning from the firewall forward. I'd like to track down the parts (compressor, condensor, lines, and any misc. brackets) to put it back together. I'm curious to know what (if any) of the parts are specific to the TIII and what I can grab off of more common cars at the junkyards. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks In Advance,
Tony

Lotashelbys
05-08-2007, 01:06 AM
You will have to hunt down the lines and compressor from a TIII car but the condensor and drier is the same as most 91+ cars.

fleckster
05-08-2007, 01:31 AM
I was able to still buy new lines for my '92 Spirit R/T from the dealer a year or two ago. You might be surprised how much is still available.

Turbo3Iroc
05-08-2007, 01:40 AM
The lines are NS1 now and all gone. I got one of the last ones sold for my car right after SDAC 15. I don't know about the condenser or the compressor but I don't think they are avail either.

Kelly

Tony Hanna
05-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks! I was afraid the compressor was going to be TIII specific, but I was hoping it would interchange with something from a more common application. That's nice to know about the condensor. I'll snag one the next time I hit the junkyard. I may have to wait on the lines or make my own if I can find the right ends. I'm a little short on cash at the moment.