PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 dip stick tube

jeff1234
05-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey All, I'm looking for a dipstick tube for my 2.2. Preferably never been installed. My application is an 85 Dodge Shelby Charger. I think the tubes are all the same though. Let me know if you know differently.
Thanks, jeff1234

moparfwdsleeper
05-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I believe they are the same also... I have one that has been installed(factory) i'd let up on LMK

2.216VTurbo
05-08-2007, 12:07 AM
As long as it is a non CB 2.2, it is the same as far as I know...

Funny story I heard from ?? at one national meet. The dipstick tubes are 'press fit' inot place with a bit of sealer from the factory, you can alwyas just remove the tube and replace if there is an issue. Then there was a batch of tubes that could NOT be removed, turns out, some workers (or one worker not sure) was dipping the tubes into locTite then installing them. Those things couldn't be driven out of the block even with a punch...:( Was that an Ed Peters talk...I think it was in Phoenix in '95

8valves
05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
You can get it from the dealership, I got mine there brand new last year as well as the actual dipstick. At least I think I got the tube there as well, but for sure the dipstick.

jeff1234
05-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Guys, I have two common blocks that have dip stick tubes that cant be removed with a punch. These are broken off so I guess I will have to heat them to get them to move. I priced a tube out at the dealership in Madison, Wi. and they wanted $55.00 for the tube alone. I am not paying that kind of money for that part. Thats just plain nuts. So the search goes on.

thanks for the responses
:)
jeff1234

jeff1234
05-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I believe they are the same also... I have one that has been installed(factory) i'd let up on LMK

Hey there sleeper, Please explain what you meant by "i'd let up on LMK" I dont understand the acronymn or the sentence. I would be interested in the tube however. Shoot me a price.

Thanks

jeff1234

moparfwdsleeper
05-09-2007, 04:43 PM
lol sorry I meant I have one that I wouldn't mind sending else where. As for a price I wouldn't know what to ask for on it. PM me one.