PDA

View Full Version : Minivan 5-speed conversion parts

TurboOmni08
05-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I need everything for the conversion except the transmission itself. Can anyone fill the order? I am in virginia. Please post or PM if you have anything to help me get this done before THIS automatic shits out :mad:

dodgeshadowchik
05-07-2007, 08:05 PM
there is a junkyard by me that has an 85-ish caravan that is a 5-speed. (took me by surprise!) i could ask him how much he wants for the shifter, linkages, and such. of course, it'll be more costly for you as salvage yards tend to charge more then say a fellow turbododge guy.

DeckSetter
05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
The only things you really need specific to a minivan are the clutch cable bracket (kinda in behind the driver's front spring / strut), floor bracket (for the shifter, you can do without this and bolt to a homemade bracket if you want to change shifter location), and the clutch pedal and cable. You should probably get the clutch cable new, they're not very expensive.

I used a Daytona shifter and cables, they were PLENTY long (I moved the shifter back a few inches and didn't use a floor bracket). You can also use the manual transmission mount from a car.

gkcooper
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I recently found a 2nd gen minivan 5 speed. It has the A568 with a 2.5 TBI.

dodgeshadowchik
05-08-2007, 08:01 AM
off topic: what years did they use the 568 with the caravan?

DeckSetter
05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
off topic: what years did they use the 568 with the caravan?

They didn't start using the 568 until '90. In '90 the turbo got the 568 and the regular 2.5 N/A got the 523. I think the later ones only got the 523, don't quote me on that though. There's a chart in the Haynes manual that tells all about what transmission was used in what years, but all I can find is my Chilton's. Crap!